Android search doesn't work

So I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but my Android Evernote Business won't find any of my notes. I am searching on words I know are in either the body or title of a note and it comes up with nothing. 

Is there something specific you have to do when searching like use quotes or something? 

Thanks!

• Level 5*

It may have something to do with the business notebooks, not sure. 

But anyway, try doing a search of a common word with all notes as the context, you should get results. If you don't, and you can view a note with the word in it, that would not be right and worth a bug report.  In addition, if you wanted you could remove/add back the app to see if that cleared it up. 

The only time you need quotes is if you want the exact string, that is to say the search people work can return different results than "people work"

Thanks. I am not sure what you mean by "with all notes as the context" -- I can't search globally in the Android app. I have to be in either Personal Notes, Business Notes or Notebooks. (and none of them is finding my search terms, regardless)

How do I specify "all notes" option when searching?

Thanks!

• Level 5*

Notebooks sounds like all notes.  Anyway, not sure on the android, but if there is a search icon on the top screen, using that would be all notes (again not enough knowledge of Business as to the impact that has).  Perhaps someone with Android and Business knowledge will chime in.

Yes there is only one search icon (magnifying glass) at the top right of any screen you're in. Interesting tidbit: I just selected "NOTEBOOKS" from the side menu thinking it would give me a global search of all notebooks and their notes. NOPE. IT ONLY SEARCHES FOR NOTEBOOK NAMES. Ummm not helpful. 

When I select Personal Notes from the side menu and search it shows no results for what I am searching for. Same thing when I select Business Notes from the side menu. 

It sometimes does bring up OTHER notes though as opposed to the one I am looking for. 

Utterly useless search, which makes the mobile app itself useless. ((sigh)) 

How many hours of my life can I possibly spend just trying to get EN to work the way it is supposed to work? I do have a job and other things in my life. Yeesh.

• Level 5*

Last bit of advice, do the search on the web version and see if you get the results you expect.  If not, try and find the note by other search criteria.  Then take a hard look at it to be sure the search term you are using is in it.  Sometimes, depending upon the origin of the note, special characters get into the mix causing search issues.

The web version works just fine. I have searched on several terms not just one, and still the Android mobile app doesn't find what I'm looking for. I REALLY WANT TO LOVE THIS PRODUCT but God bless it, they have made it really difficult. 

• 1 month later...

I have some saved searches that find notes in my business notebook on my Evernote Windows app. However, those saved searches find nothing on the Android app.

Here's what I discovered as a (rather inefficient) workaround for Android:

- Click on the saved search  (finds nothing and the saved search word isn't displayed)

- Click on the magnifying glass, then select the saved search word from the recent searches list (this loads the saved search word into search menu, but it still finds nothing)

- Long press the search word, then cut it with the scissors icon. This saves the word and then the Personal & Business tabs FINALLY appear. Select the Business tab (its named whatever your business is).

- Long press on the search menu and pasted the saved search word.

- Now, Evernote will search the Business notebook for the word.

This tells me that the problem is due to Evernote on Android always default to search the Personal notebooks, even when doing searches from the Business Notes. There is no way to easily get it to search the Business notes

that I've found other than this convoluted way. 

If anyone knows of a better workaround, I'd really like to hear it!

Archived