Exceeded monthly allowance popup constantly

stateofgrace

For the past month, whenever I clip anything to go to my Evernote, I get that I've used all of my space. I ONLY use the Evernote desktop program - I have never synced it online or anything. Checked my online Evernote account and nothing new in it either. Is this a common problem? Am I not allowed to use this program this way anymore? I've only saved like 1 MB worth of text notes at the very most this month, definitely not 1 GB. I have reinstalled and still get the same error. What could be causing this? Do I have too many notes saved (1200)? I'm attaching a screenshot of all of my notes saved this month, so there should be no reason for me to get the 1 GB uploaded error?

Currently using Windows 7 and Evernote 5.8.13.

post-263667-0-44439400-1436929515_thumb.

Edit: Have now realized that the limit is 60 MB, not 1 GB. But there is still NO WAY that I've even used 60 MB. :(

• Level 5*

Are you saying that if you go to the web version you don't have any notes?  All you have on your desktop is an empty default notebook and the rest are local notebooks?

If I go to the web version, I only have 6 text notes from 2014 that I typed online (not in the program). All of my notes are just on my computer in the program - they've never been synced online. I just have the one main notebook (has my username in the title) with my notes in it in the program. Been using Evernote like this for four years and have never had any problems until now. If I go premium, will I continue to get this error since I shouldn't even have this error in the first place? 

My account online says this:

"Monthly Usage

0 (0%) used, resets in 19 days

Monthly upload quota: 60 MB
Note size limit: 25 MB"

And yet whenever I try to save a note, I get "Upload Limit Reached." I am allowed to create notes on the website however. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Anything that you save - unless it is to a local (unsynced) notebook - will be synced to Evernote's servers online,  to be shared with any other Evernote mobile or desktop device that you might wish to connect to your account.  That's where the 'uploads' issue comes in,  and any problems may have occurred. It's a monthly issue however,  and no big deal.  If fixing the obvious problems doesn't help,  please let me know what questions you still have - maybe we can get answers for everyone...

Hi.  Anything that you save - unless it is to a local (unsynced) notebook - will be synced to Evernote's servers online,  to be shared with any other Evernote mobile or desktop device that you might wish to connect to your account.  That's where the 'uploads' issue comes in,  and any problems may have occurred. It's a monthly issue however,  and no big deal.  If fixing the obvious problems doesn't help,  please let me know what questions you still have - maybe we can get answers for everyone...

So since I don't sync my notes online at all, I can longer use the program like I have for years? If I ever have internet troubles and can't sync my notes, can I not save any notes until the internet troubles are gone? I really don't understand what the problem is. I can't save ANY notes in the program anymore. 

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Back to first principles I guess - check your security settings here - https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/76311-cant-login-to-server/?p=323421

And try logging in to your EN Web account here in a desktop browser - https://www.evernote.com/Login.action

Have a look at the settings page to check your usage - it may be different from your local device(s),  but the web view rules;  and add a test note to the web account and see whether that gets saved back to your desktop.

Archived