EN Premium Member Sharing Notebooks with Freebie Member

• Level 5*

In a word:  No.

Let me restate that:  Probably not.

I'm having conflicting thoughts:

1. Uploads in shared NB are charged to the NB owner  <=== this is my best guess.
  2. Uploads in shared NB are charged to the account of the person making the change.

The whole sharing / work chat has been in a state of flux for the last few months, so I'm not absolutely sure.

To confirm you may post to post your question on Twitter to get an answer directly from Evernote.

Since Evernote now is providing official support to all users via Twitter, you can post on Twitter @evernotehelps.  It might also be good to include a link back to your post here.

• Level 5*

I'm with you.  I rarely use Twitter, and would not except for an occasional Evernote tweet.

If you don't have a Twitter account, you might wait for  a day or so.  

Maybe an Evernote employee will come along and clarify.

• Level 5*

If it's okay I can tweet the url to this thread to @evernotehelps

Sounds good to me.  Why not tweet the URL and the question, and let us know the answer.   :D

Can I persuade you to be my Special Assistant for Twitter?  The pay is awesome!  ;)

I actually think I was able to post it to Twitter. I added Evernote Helps as a "friend", I guess, I'm following them and I sent a message by clicking on the message envelope. AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! lol

Sounds good to me.  Why not tweet the URL and the question, and let us know the answer.   :D

Can I persuade you to be my Special Assistant for Twitter?  The pay is awesome!  ;)

I'm with you on that request!!! lol

Sounds good to me. Why not tweet the URL and the question, and let us know the answer. :D

Can I persuade you to be my Special Assistant for Twitter? The pay is awesome! ;)

After more than six years and 61100 tweet I know some trick.

I have used Twitter to contact my bank, my phone company, my landlord, my Internet service providers, app makers as transpose, and some more.

I actually think I was able to post it to Twitter. I added Evernote Helps as a "friend", I guess, I'm following them and I sent a message by clicking on the message envelope. AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! lol

Very good!

• Ex Employees

Hi there! Thanks for reaching out on Twitter. 

JMichael is correct, any uploaded content in the shared notebook will come out of the Premium user's quota.

However, one caveat: the note size limit will still be restricted to their tier selection. So while a free user won't be debiting from their 60Mb a month when they add content to that notebook, they won't be able to add an individual note that is larger than 25Mb. 

• Level 5*

Hi there! Thanks for reaching out on Twitter. 

JMichael is correct, any uploaded content in the shared notebook will come out of the Premium user's quota.

However, one caveat: the note size limit will still be restricted to their tier selection. So while a free user won't be debiting from their 60Mb a month when they add content to that notebook, they won't be able to add an individual note that is larger than 25Mb. 

annah, thanks for clarifying how this works.

May I suggest that you add this to one of the EN KB articles on Sharing?

Archived