Jump to content
Due to limited holiday staffing, chat will be unavailable from Thursday, July 2 at 5:30 PM (CDT) to Monday, July 13 at 8 AM (CDT). This will allow us to reply to your email requests as quickly as possible. Thank you for understanding. ×

Recommended Posts

Tags

Tags give you the option of adding keywords to notes in order to improve searchability. One or more tags can be added to a note. Common uses for tags include associating notes with categories, people, memories or locations.

To view all of the tags in your Evernote account, tap the Tags panel on the Home Screen

Evernote Business users are provided with separate personal and business tag lists. Tap the appropriate Tags List from the Home Screen you would like to edit or manage.

Creating or Adding Tags to a Note

To add a tag to a note, do the following:

  1. Open a new or existing note
  2. Tap more... located in the top-left corner of the note editor just beneath the Note title
  3. Tap Add Tag and begin typing. Existing tags that begin with the same letter(s) will appear as clickable buttons for you to select from. Type a new tag or tap the tag(s) from the options presented
  4. Tap anywhere outside of the list of tags to return to the note editor
  5. Tap Done when you have finished adding and editing all your tags

https://evernote.com/evernote/guide/ios/#5

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry but it does not work on iPhone 6. First, there is no "more" when you open a note. On the right there is .... Which gives you the possibility to ONLY add existing Tags but NOT to add new tags. I cannot understand Evernotes makes it so difficult. Already regretting my PLUS subscription

Share this post


Link to post

I don't use iPad/Phone. But I'm aware of the differents between the os

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, this is outdated. Here's how you do it with the updates:

1) open the note you wish to tag with a new category

2) click the button that is an 'i' inside of a circle

3) Instead of clicking the + sign to add an existing tag, click on the green text that says "add tag" (this is actually a text feild, and will open your keyboard and drop your curser into this text field)

4) Type the new tag's title and press return/ enter on your keyboard; your tag is set, and it will automatically add that tag to your list for future use

IMG_0372.PNG

IMG_0373.PNG

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post

Just the FACT that users have to do a google search on HOW TO ADD A SIMPLE THING SUCH AS A TAG is RIDICULOUS!!!!!

 

Make things simple!!!!!  Make simple functions VISIBLE AND EASY!!!!!!

 

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT PART OF THIS ISN'T COMMON SENSE????????????

 

Do all programmers go to the same school that explains how hiding and making simple functions should be hidden and complex to do???????

 

Where in the WORLD are you hiring your programmers???????

 

I can't add a tag!!!!!! PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!  I have no tag editor.  Here is the recommendation of the year for you:  Make it easy to add a tag and create a NEW tag from a NOTE!!!!!


HELLO MCFLY????????

 

Are there synopsing brain cells out there?????

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/8/2017 at 1:10 AM, cstar4004 said:

Yes, this is outdated. Here's how you do it with the updates:

1) open the note you wish to tag with a new category

2) click the button that is an 'i' inside of a circle

3) Instead of clicking the + sign to add an existing tag, click on the green text that says "add tag" (this is actually a text feild, and will open your keyboard and drop your curser into this text field)

4) Type the new tag's title and press return/ enter on your keyboard; your tag is set, and it will automatically add that tag to your list for future use

IMG_0372.PNG

IMG_0373.PNG

There IS NO SUCH THING!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/13/2015 at 10:33 PM, JeanJacques Putallaz said:

hello.

Ben trying to add new Tags without success!

Cannot find "Edit" function ?

I am using Evernotes on IPhone/IPad

Than you

Why would one wan to do such a thing?  I know the answer.  You must say a secret chat when the crow fly's at midnight while rubbing your belly and dancing in a circle and THEN you will be able to ADD TAGS!!!  I mean, like DUHHHHH!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, Drold said:

There IS NO SUCH THING!!!!!!!!

I don't know what you're looking at; if you post a screenshot like @cstar4004 we can help you better.

It could be more productive than mouthing off on how you're unable to  use the software features.  Millions of users are able to use this feature

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

How do I create a new tag that I could add to a note?  I am trying to add a new tag "POTTERY" but when I try to add it in the tag line I get the error message that only tags already in this notebook can be used.  So where do I edit that tag list for the notebook as there are many more tags that I would like to add.  Please help!  By the way, I used a MacBook Pro.  

 

Screenshot 2018-02-24 22.18.37.png

Screenshot 2018-02-24 22.14.58.png

Share this post


Link to post
On 2018-02-24 at 10:21 PM, DELMAR66 said:

How do I create a new tag that I could add to a note?  I am trying to add a new tag "POTTERY" but when I try to add it in the tag line I get the error message that only tags already in this notebook can be used.  So where do I edit that tag list for the notebook as there are many more tags that I would like to add.  Please help!  By the way, I used a MacBook Pro.  

I'm guessing that's a shared notebook, owned by a different account

You have to contact the notebook owner and request the tag addition

Share this post


Link to post

I agree with some in this thread, creating new tags is not easy or simple. It used to be.

Share this post


Link to post

Under “manage tags” in the home screen (iOS) there is no option to add a tag or delete one. 

How silly is that?

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, tassiecelt said:

Under “manage tags” in the home screen (iOS) there is no option to add a tag or delete one. 

The  only way to add tags is at the note level.  See the post linked below for a detailed description

It may be silly, not easy or simple; but it does work

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...