Presentation mode is terrible

I love presentation mode on my mac, but presentation mode on the iPad is terrible. 

The text doesn't wrap, the font size it too small, and you can't change the layout. Those features are all in the desktop version, but missing from the iPad. 

Does anyone know a work around? Or a better presentation tool for the iPad to read my notes when speaking?

• 1 month later...

I love presentation mode on my mac, but presentation mode on the iPad is terrible. 

The text doesn't wrap, the font size it too small, and you can't change the layout. Those features are all in the desktop version, but missing from the iPad. 

Does anyone know a work around? Or a better presentation tool for the iPad to read my notes when speaking?

We do not have layout editor or font size options yet on iOS presentation mode (which we have in Mac side).

However, have you tried projection mode in iOS presentation mode via airPlay? Using that, the presentation scales to the screen you present on for your audience, and at the same time you got all controls in your iPad while you're speaking so you can control the presentation easily.

• 4 weeks later...

The issue is text wrapping. Any text copied into note does not wrap. It wraps in regular mode. It wraps in iPhone presentation mode. It wraps in Mac presentation mode. Also, this issue only started earlier in 2015. It is a bug. Please fix it.

Hi there,

I've tried to repro this issue and could locate few sources (specific websites) from where the wrapping fails on all iPad, iPhone and Mac client presentation modes. But we have not been able to repro issue only on iPad for this. Can you please provide more info for the problem so we can continue the investigation:

- from where do you copy content to the note

- in which client you create this note

- can you provide a screenshot of the problem

- which version of iOS EN client are you using and what is the OS on your iPad

- if you create the note using Mac client, what is the version of the Mac client you use and which OS you have

Thanks for helping in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

The issue is text wrapping. Any text copied into note does not wrap. It wraps in regular mode. It wraps in iPhone presentation mode. It wraps in Mac presentation mode. Also, this issue only started earlier in 2015. It is a bug. Please fix it.

Hi there,

I've tried to repro this issue and could locate few sources (specific websites) from where the wrapping fails on all iPad, iPhone and Mac client presentation modes. But we have not been able to repro issue only on iPad for this. Can you please provide more info for the problem so we can continue the investigation:

- from where do you copy content to the note

- in which client you create this note

- can you provide a screenshot of the problem

- which version of iOS EN client are you using and what is the OS on your iPad

- if you create the note using Mac client, what is the version of the Mac client you use and which OS you have

Thanks for helping in advance!

• I create all my files in the Mac version of Evernote. 
  • I copy the content from multiple places (multiple websites, Logos Bible Software, Microsoft Word, Pages, etc.). I always get the problem. When I copy on the Mac, I use the shift+Command+paste to maintain the formatting of the note. 
  • All of my devices are completely updated. 
  • I have created screenshots and named them accordingly. You will see that content looks accurate in Mac (regular mode and present mode), looks off somewhat in iPhone present mode and completely off in iPad present mode. 

post-272244-0-42480800-1445110293_thumb.

post-272244-0-93338700-1445110295_thumb.

• 11 months later...

I agree.  I'm a public speaker and was thrilled to find the presentation mode on my Mac. I've been using it as a personal TelePrompter for all my speaking for a while now.  I drop my notes into Evernote. When it's time I open that note, enter presentation mode, do a command-F twice to enlarge the print so I can actually read it, and off I go. It's perfect.

I'm switching to an iPad Pro (the smaller one) for all my mobile computing needs, and was hoping to use it for my speaking gigs. But presentation mode on the iPad is abysmal.  Tiny font that can't be adjusted. No keyboard activated way to advance the slide. ON my macbook I could hit space or the arrow key to go to the next slide. On the ipad, there are only two options. Either tap one of two tiny buttons in the middle of the bottom of the screen in order to advance one slide worth, or swipe and get a random amount of scroll upwards.  It's a mess.  Really unusable for me now.  

I would love to have the mac style controls implemented, or something similar. Evernote has been a one-stop shop for me, but if this can't be fixed, I'll have to move on to another solution.

I can't even read the slides at 3-4' away from my ipad. I've been using my mac, and able to roam the stage, and still see my notes. Not possible with the iPad.

Archived