Minor issue...

leelee1972

When I rename a notebook, it doesn't get moved into a new spot regardless of that fact that everything else is in alphabetical order...

For example, if I have a notebook called "Zebra" and it's in the bottom of my notebook list or its notebook stack, I can rename it to "Alpha" and it will still stay at the bottom. 

I know this isn't a big deal, but it drives me nuts... in order to get the notebook back in alphabetical order, I have to create a new notebook with the new name and \move all the original notebook's contents to it. I can't just simply rename the notebook unless I want everything out of order and hard to find.

Any chance we can get this fixed? 

I have been using Evernote for over a year now and WOW it has helped me so much!  I'homeschool my kids and I'm not sure I could have handled it without this program!

Thanks bunches!

• Level 5*

I'm not sure if this works the same in EN Win, but in EN Mac after I rename a NB, it will sort properly if I switch the NB sort to "Count" or "Updated", and then back to "Name".

You might try that in EN Win.

I'm not sure if this works the same in EN Win, but in EN Mac after I rename a NB, it will sort properly if I switch the NB sort to "Count" or "Updated", and then back to "Name".

You might try that in EN Win.

Thanks -- I don't see a way to change the way the notebooks are sorted..... maybe Windows version doesn't have that feature?  Or maybe I'm retarded, lol!

• Level 5*

In EN Mac, you can sort the NBs by either:

• Right-click on any NB, and select one of the "Sort by ..."
  • Click on the Sort Field at the top, center of the Notebook view.

But you have to first goto menu View > Notebooks.

I find 2 ways to reorder the notebook list.

* quit EN and restart

* menu : display /left-panel /show Notebook (uncheck/check)

edit

or you can drag it to another stack, then drag again to its original place. It will reorder naturally.

In EN Mac, you can sort the NBs by either:

• Right-click on any NB, and select one of the "Sort by ..."
  • Click on the Sort Field at the top, center of the Notebook view.

But you have to first goto menu View > Notebooks.

Yep, for some reason we don't have those functions in Windows... but thank you so much for replying!  :)  you were quick!

Archived