Survey is annoying... real?

I get this email from the "Evernote Team". "Complete this survey and get a $15 Amazon gift card". I presume its real. Someone correct me if it isn't.

I like $15 as much as the next guy. So I press the button for Take the Survey and I am brought to a page hosted by Qualtrics that looks like garbage. It asks me if I want to update to a page optimized for Jaws 11, something I know nothing about. No explanation. I look online and it seems legit so I press the button, and am brought to another page that still looks like garbage, only the type is larger. 

It asks me what type of account I have and I choose Premium. I then gives me a page that says I do not qualify to complete the survey or to receive the $15 gift card.

If this is actually coming from Evernote, you'd think they would filter out the Premium users so they don't get the email in the first place. They might also make the survey look a little better, and sound like it wasn't just another way to get people to sign up for the $5 a month...

This is just rude -

Comment coming form a real supporter of Evernote.

• Level 5

This sounds very suspicious to me. 

Evernote does not have a strong marketing department.

I doubt they would offer $15 to answer a survey.

Edit update: 

For your info:

in 2014 I received an email from the Evernote Team.

Their email address was:  <team@email.evernote.com>

They were alerting me that this forum was hacked. 

Hey all--this is a legit survey we've recently sent out. The formatting problems (Jaws 11, etc) sound unintended, so I've alerted our email/marketing team. 

If this is actually coming from Evernote, you'd think they would filter out the Premium users so they don't get the email in the first place. They might also make the survey look a little better, and sound like it wasn't just another way to get people to sign up for the $5 a month...

Comment coming form a real supporter of Evernote.

This was actually intended for Business users/Business admins and was filtered--the byline should start with: "Thank you for using Evernote Business".

I got one where all the links go to links.evernote.mkt5371.com. Is that it? It looks super fishy, especially since my work has been getting a lot of phishing attempts that look like this email.

These links are also legitimate--we're aware they're a little strange looking and are working on getting them rebranded. It's always good to be careful though, so these are good questions. 

Archived