Windows Installation

Dick M

I normally have the Evernote icon on my Windows task bar. Each time an update is installed, the icon on the task bar disappears. I have to use Windows Explorer to locate the EXE file on my hard drive, right click on the EXE file name, and select to have it appear on the task bar. I then have to position the icon  where I want it on the task bar. I would prefer that the update procedure include a determination of whether there is an Evernote icon on either the Windows task bar or start menu, and update the icon to point to the new version rather than leaving it to me to make update my task bar or start menu.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Raised several times before,  but still (obviously) happening.  As a work around you could keep a backup copy of the taskbar icon in another folder somewhere - the details won't change from one update to another.  You may have to change the filename so it won't be found and deleted...  and yes I know you shouldn't have to do that,  but it will save you work if you have to create the icon again...

As with all annoyances I suggest you submit a bug report on this.  You won't necessarily get any follow-up,  but it does mean that the devs will take a look at your situation and (maybe) fix it in a future release...choose "report a bug..." in the first dropdown after logging in here > https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action  - or reach out on Twitter @Evernotehelps (include the forum thread URL for extra background).  Premium / Business users also have access to a Chat option (7am-7pm PST weekdays) - click 'continue' on the support page after logging in.

Archived