Exporting PDF - where do they go?

kshatriya

Idea

Hi there - can't believe it reading this forum for first time seeing all the hassles folk are having with Penultimate and realising it is what I have been experiencing - what a tragedy Evernote took over what was a great little app. Honestly whoever is 'improving' this program now seems to be from another planet - things simply do not work intuitively.

My latest hassle - it says you can supposedly export PDFs but they seem to disappear into the ether. Anyone know where they go, which is a worry as these are very confidential notes of discussions with clients.

Many thanks

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Hi,

After choosing Export PDF, the system share dialog should appear with options of how you want to route the PDF file.

There is a bug in the current version -- that has a fix pending Apple approval in the App Store -- where PDFs that take longer than 3s to export never complete. We'll get that out as soon as Apple approves the update.

Cheers,

Chuck

PS - All of us working on improvement Penultimate are most assuredly from this planet.

thanks Chuck and apologies for my rudeness - I am afraid Penultimate has simply been SO frustrating it drove me to despair - it was also annoying that what was once a great little program seems to have gone backwards, not improved - I have in the meantime purchased another app and re-started using OneNote (which now supports handwriting (albeit not as well as others) which has a much better file structure and in One Note it is possible to get back to exactly where one was previously working without clicking through 4 or 5 pages/tabs which Penultimate requires (arguably its most annoying 'feature' - thanks for update re PDFs but I still wonder where the PDFs I created have gone? They comprised confidential client notes that I need to know are safe. Many thanks. 

• Level 5

thanks Chuck and apologies for my rudeness - I am afraid Penultimate has simply been SO frustrating it drove me to despair - it was also annoying that what was once a great little program seems to have gone backwards, not improved - I have in the meantime purchased another app and re-started using OneNote (which now supports handwriting (albeit not as well as others) which has a much better file structure and in One Note it is possible to get back to exactly where one was previously working without clicking through 4 or 5 pages/tabs which Penultimate requires (arguably its most annoying 'feature' - thanks for update re PDFs but I still wonder where the PDFs I created have gone? They comprised confidential client notes that I need to know are safe. Many thanks. 

Hi,

For iOS versions prior to 8.3, the generated PDFs were saved in Penultimate > Library > Private Documents > exportedFiles which is accessible via utilities such as iExplorer.

For iOS versions 8.3 or greater, apps that do not have iTunes file sharing enabled (such as Penultimate and Evernote), all application subfolders are inaccessible.

We did release Penultimate v6.1 yesterday. I hope you give it a try.

Cheers,

Chuck

Archived