Thinking of uploading some stuff

Hey guys, I'm thinking of uploading about 10 gb of stuff I have been saving since like 5 years ago. This includes: PDF'S, some curated music, some pictures) and doesn't include video. I have Evernote Plus btw, for like 6 months, but only recently I'm thinking about  uploading this cause I have important files I wouldn't want to lose with a virus or some accident. I don't have any cloud storage service besides Evernote. (Evernote kicks a...)

I have some doubts. Will this slow the function of Evernote? I am at my house, but lets say I go to the college PC's and log in into my Evernote Account, then, will all my pdfs, pics and music download instantly at the college PC when I log in?  :huh: Thanks for the help!

• Level 5*

I don't believe you mention if you use a desktop version or not, but increasing the size of your data base might, I repeat, might slow down access on a desktop.  I have 30k notes and a 15 GB data base and have not had any slowdowns, but others have reported them.  YMMV.

Assuming you are using a browser on the college PC, attachments only download when you access them, and that is temporary.  They will download as fast as PC, network and EN servers allow.  No difference then when at home on a browser.  Be sure and log out of EN before you leave the PC. 

I don't believe you mention if you use a desktop version or not, but increasing the size of your data base might, I repeat, might slow down access on a desktop.  I have 30k notes and a 15 GB data base and have not had any slowdowns, but others have reported them.  YMMV.

Assuming you are using a browser on the college PC, attachments only download when you access them, and that is temporary.  They will download as fast as PC, network and EN servers allow.  No difference then when at home on a browser.  Be sure and log out of EN before you leave the PC. 

Cool, I hope it won't lagg then. Yea I use desktop version at home, you are right, I'm so used to work at desktop version that forgot that there is a browser version  :D . Thanks for the reply!

• Level 5*

You might have to take it a little easy with the uploads anyway - https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23258452

Monthly note uploads limit

Basic                                 60MB
Plus                                   1GB
Premium                            Unlimited
Evernote Business            Unlimited

-and take care when you get to the end of your month.  If you have a pile of notes waiting to upload,  accidentally going over the monthly allowance might lose you some data.  Better to  create a Local (unsynced) notebook as an inbox and add your notes to that,  then move them from there into synced notebooks in batches as space permits.

Edit:  fixed some wonky table formatting!

You might have to take it a little easy with the uploads anyway - https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23258452

Monthly note uploads limit

Basic                                 60MB
Plus                                   1GB
Premium                            Unlimited
Evernote Business            Unlimited

-and take care when you get to the end of your month.  If you have a pile of notes waiting to upload,  accidentally going over the monthly allowance might lose you some data.  Better to  create a Local (unsynced) notebook as an inbox and add your notes to that,  then move them from there into synced notebooks in batches as space permits.

Edit:  fixed some wonky table formatting!

Great advice thanks for the tip! I got Evernote Premium xd, idk why i said Plus :D , but nice to know that though

I think Evernote does not fit the purpose you want, you might find Onedrive or Dropbox are better fitted for what you want. Evernote is not a cloud storage service, it is designed for taking notes. While Evernote can handle images, documents and PDF's just fine, it isn't an application for storing data as backup. Onedrive and Dropbox are.

• Level 5*

I think Evernote does not fit the purpose you want, you might find Onedrive or Dropbox are better fitted for what you want. Evernote is not a cloud storage service, it is designed for taking notes. While Evernote can handle images, documents and PDF's just fine, it isn't an application for storing data as backup. Onedrive and Dropbox are.

I would agree that there are better alternatives for picture and music storage, but I think EN is an excellent place for PDFs and documents.  The power of search in EN enables you to find things in these documents quite nicely.

Hey Cal, damn thats a nice feature, just made a search in the EN searcher about some words that I'm sure are not in any note I have, and the search showed some PDFs which I'm sure contain the words =D Thats a nice feature thanks for the tip, sometimes I forget how powerful Evernote is ^_^

• Level 5*

Hey Cal, damn thats a nice feature, just made a search in the EN searcher about some words that I'm sure are not in any note I have, and the search showed some PDFs which I'm sure contain the words =D Thats a nice feature thanks for the tip, sometimes I forget how powerful Evernote is ^_^

You are welcome.

Archived