Notebook stack view: bug or feature?

On some of my Apple devices (late-2013 27" iMac OS X 10.10.4) I see notebook stacks in multi-column "stacks", as in stacks.tiff. But on some other of my Apple devices (late-2009 27" iMac OS X 10.10.4), I see notebook stacks in a single column nested "list", as in list.tiff. I would like the option to view them in "stacks". Is the "list" view the only way, or is there a way to view them as "stacks"? 

stacks.tiff

list.tiff

• Level 5*

I don't think it matters which model of Mac you are using.  A few versions back in EN Mac, Evernote started offering a new "advanced" Notebook view that changed the multi-column layout to a single column.  Maybe you are running different versions on different Macs.

Also check the EN Mac Preferences for settings.

I provided the hardware and OS configs for the sake of full disclosure. The EN version that I'm running on both machines is 6.0.15 (after just now upgrading from 6.0.13 on the late-2013 iMac). I searched (again) the Preferences as well as every pull-down and right-click possibility that I could think of, and still can't find a switch; one installation displays the notebook view as multi-column "stacks", and the other as a nested, single-column, expandable "list". Can anyone at EN help? Is this a "support ticket" issue?

• Ex Employees

Hi there! You can turn off the advanced notebook view in 'Preferences' > 'Software Update' > 'Enable Advanced Notebook View'. (The advanced notebook view is the single column layout.)

aha....thanks! I missed that checkbox -- didn't read it carefully because I thought it pertained only to beta releases (and if I'm using a beta release, I didn't realize it).

fwiw, EN developers, I prefer the multi-column stack view because it provides so much more information in a more useful and concise fashion, especially with a 27" wide screen -- all of my notebooks fit on one screen. The "Advanced Notebook View" doesn't provide nearly enough additional functionality to justify a single column IMHO.

• 1 year later...

Greetings,

Im new to the world of Mac and to Evernote. 

With that being acknowledged, I tend to be lean to the perfectionistic side of life....I have a notebook designated for specific notes such as taxes last year taxes this year, intakes, progress notes, Etc. I believe you get idea. I was doing a project for the owner of our group practice and it seems that when I sent him the work chat which healthy notebook for his information, It seems that I also sent him all of the unnecessary notebooks which held the pertinent information such as the PHII of my clients, my practice taxes, my personal information regarding my father's estate and so forth. I'm sure when this "stacking" event occurred? Addition, I don't have the knowledge to un-stacked my notebooks. Currently my entire Evernote Application is a bloody mess. Please advise.

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, dwnmck said:

It seems that I also sent him all of the unnecessary notebooks which held the pertinent information such as the PHII of my clients, my practice taxes, my personal information regarding my father's estate and so forth. I'm sure when this "stacking" event occurred?

Aside from the "sending", what is the Share status on the Notebooks - are they actually shared?

Archived