Removing Business notebooks does not remove them from hard drive

• Level 5*

I am in the process of leaving our business account (changing jobs) and when I removed several business notebooks from my account (selecting "Leave Notebook") the notebooks do disappear from my listing, but my Evernote folder on the Mac is still over 20GB in size. I have a Windows machine and it churned away and reduced its (username).exb file by over 10GB, so is just under 10GB now, which is about right for my personal notebooks.

To quickly remove it, I'll probably wind up uninstalling and reinstalling, but wanted you to know this was a bug, and a security issue. While you cannot access the data from the app, you can just go to the EN folder and every note and attachment is there in enml format, plus the native attachment formats (xlsx, pdf, png, etc.). 

I currently have 6.0.14 from the App Store on Yosemite.

• Level 5*

@EdH: 

Since you have a business account, you could get an immediate response from Evernote by using the EN Support Chat:

See Evernote Chat Support., available business days 7am-7pm US CST. 

(Chat option appears AFTER you click “Continue” on initial “Evernote Support” page.)

• Level 5*

@EdH: 

Since you have a business account, you could get an immediate response from Evernote by using the EN Support Chat:

See Evernote Chat Support., available business days 7am-7pm US CST. 

(Chat option appears AFTER you click “Continue” on initial “Evernote Support” page.)

Yeah, I know, but since I am in the process of leaving it, I probably wouldn't get the response from them as I'll no longer have access to that email account.

Archived