Notes are blank

Guys

Got an interesting thing on Evernote (Mac).

All my notes are there (the notebooks list the number of notes etc) but when I click on a Notebook, the Notes are empty.

One Notebook in a stack would not Sync (it was set as a synchronising Notebook) on the Web version, and the Android version and the IOS (iPad version) but was working fine in the app on the Mac.

Now, no Notes in the App show at all.

As it happens, I updated the OS to 10.10.4.

I updated the app from the apple store, no change.

Updated the app from Evernote, started but no change to the Notebook behaviour - now it just errors and dies.

Slowing switching the nOtes I can read to GoogleDocs, though to be fair, I would prefer to stay with Evernote.

Any ideas about this behaviour. As I write this I think I'll delete the Evernote.com version of the app and re-download from the app store.

thanks for reading

Craig R.

Brisbane, Australia

• Level 5*

Any ideas about this behaviour. As I write this I think I'll delete the Evernote.com version of the app and re-download from the app store.

Many of us long time EN Mac users recommend using the Direct Download version at Evernote.com.

The release of the AppStore version always comes later, and has had bugs not found in the Direct DL ver.

You might want to do a clean reinstall since you have had so many problems and different installs.

See How to Completely Remove and Reinstall EN Mac 

gazumped - thank you - many restarts made no difference

JMichael - I may well try this because I do think Evernote is so convenient but.... last night I transferred all the notes that I COULD see to Google docs - I'm sure I'll regret but at the time I had lost faith in Evernote

Same issue here. Every note created on my Blackberry 10 are synced to Samsung Galaxy tab, Windows 7 Parallel VM, Mac OS X 10.8.5.

But notes on Mac OS X 10.8.5 are either blank with title only or incomplete content. It is strange that I can see complete and correct notes on my Windows 7 Parallel VM. And when export to HTML, all the notes content are there.

Spent two hours to follow the guide above to uninstall and re-install (the Direct Download version) does not help.  Did two attempts of uninstall, re-install and restart Mac OS X also.

Using EverNote Mac OS X Version 6.0.15 (451806 Direct)

• Level 5*

But notes on Mac OS X 10.8.5 are either blank with title only or incomplete content. It is strange that I can see complete and correct notes on my Windows 7 Parallel VM. And when export to HTML, all the notes content are there.

Spent two hours to follow the guide above to uninstall and re-install (the Direct Download version) does not help.  Did two attempts of uninstall, re-install and restart Mac OS X also.

It is possible that with a clean reinstall Evernote may take a while to build indexes and other files.

So you might try this:

1. Restart your Mac
  2. Open EN Mac and allow it to run for at least several hours (overnight would be great)
  3. Then check your Notes.

If you are unable to resolve your issue, then I'd suggest you submit a bug report.

I recommend that everyone who experiences a bug to submit a bug report.  This will make sure that Evernote is aware of the issue, provide your environment data to help identify/fix the issue, and put more pressure on Evernote to fix.

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue".

It is possible that with a clean reinstall Evernote may take a while to build indexes and other files.

So you might try this:

1. Restart your Mac
  2. Open EN Mac and allow it to run for at least several hours (overnight would be great)
  3. Then check your Notes.

If you are unable to resolve your issue, then I'd suggest you submit a bug report.

I recommend that everyone who experiences a bug to submit a bug report.  This will make sure that Evernote is aware of the issue, provide your environment data to help identify/fix the issue, and put more pressure on Evernote to fix.

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue".

Hello I have this issue for a very long time (since last year).

The circumstance is like this : when I completely quit evernote, then start it, it will show your last viewed note, and when I switch to another notebook , every notes from every notebook it blank, I'll have to wait several minutes then the context of those notes will show.

I try to solve this problem by reinstall downloaded version or reinstall it from app store , both English version and Chinese version. Didn't help.

Then I found something , everytime when my wifi is off, evernote works properly, no problems at all. Once I connect to the internet, the problem might shows (I ofen travels, so the network I'm using is not always the same).

Then I realize this might a network problem (Evernote might need to connect the some websites to do something, and the network I'm using is causing Evernote not work properly ). Then I open wireshark and see what evernote would do if it starts, the I found this URL "evernote-a.akamaihd.net " .  Then I changed my hosts (/etc/hosts) file . added the following line "127.0.0.1 evernote-a.akamaihd.net" , and the problem solved ! !

PS: I can connect to this URL evernote-a.akamaihd.net ( ping test ).

• Level 5*

Hello I have this issue for a very long time (since last year).

The circumstance is like this : when I completely quit evernote, then start it, it will show your last viewed note, and when I switch to another notebook , every notes from every notebook it blank, I'll have to wait several minutes then the context of those notes will show.

I try to solve this problem by reinstall downloaded version or reinstall it from app store , both English version and Chinese version. Didn't help.

Then I found something , everytime when my wifi is off, evernote works properly, no problems at all. Once I connect to the internet, the problem might shows (I ofen travels, so the network I'm using is not always the same).

Then I realize this might a network problem (Evernote might need to connect the some websites to do something, and the network I'm using is causing Evernote not work properly ). Then I open wireshark and see what evernote would do if it starts, the I found this URL "evernote-a.akamaihd.net " .  Then I changed my hosts (/etc/hosts) file . added the following line "127.0.0.1 evernote-a.akamaihd.net" , and the problem solved ! !

PS: I can connect to this URL evernote-a.akamaihd.net ( ping test ).

Thanks for sharing this.  Please report it as a bug so Evernote will investigate.

Archived