Evernote syncing very strangely

shivohum

Idea

This issue just started for me with Evernote 7.7.8. For some reason, even if I make a small change in a note, Evernote sync bar progress is very slow, even though I've only changed a few characters in the note, and even though I just synced! Something has gone wrong, because this has never happened before. Any ideas?

11 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

then you may want to report it as bug:

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue".

Having the same problem. Just added one character to a note to see what would happen and 5 minutes later the progress bar is still only 40% across the screen. Will also submit a bug report.

• Level 5

Hi all,

On first launch after updating to version 7.7.8, the app performs an "integrity sync" to insure that the device has all of your notes (we fixed a bug for notes that were not downsyncing from the service, and this step restores the completeness of your local database). For larger accounts, this step may take longer. This will happen regardless of any changes to or creation of a note.

If the app is closed during the integrity sync, it will need to start from scratch on next launch. This process should only run once. If it completes and then you see it run again afterwards, please let us know.

Thanks,

Chuck

Hi all,

On first launch after updating to version 7.7.8, the app performs an "integrity sync" to insure that the device has all of your notes (we fixed a bug for notes that were not downsyncing from the service, and this step restores the completeness of your local database). For larger accounts, this step may take longer. This will happen regardless of any changes to or creation of a note.

If the app is closed during the integrity sync, it will need to start from scratch on next launch. This process should only run once. If it completes and then you see it run again afterwards, please let us know.

Thanks,

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

the problem is that this "integrity sync" is repeated very time one opens the app and after every little chnage in a note. This behaviour makes the app almost unusable - especially when you're on holiday with a budget data plan. According to the support I have tried 1. to restart the iPhone and 2. to reset the network settings. Both actions show no success, the app is performing the "integrity sync" every time. What can I do more?

• Level 5

Hi all,

Thanks,

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

the problem is that this "integrity sync" is repeated very time one opens the app and after every little chnage in a note. This behaviour makes the app almost unusable - especially when you're on holiday with a budget data plan. According to the support I have tried 1. to restart the iPhone and 2. to reset the network settings. Both actions show no success, the app is performing the "integrity sync" every time. What can I do more?

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that the integrity sync appears to be happening every time you use the app. If you have filed a ticket, can you please advise to the ticket number? If you have not filed a support ticket, please do so and let me know the ticket number. It would be very helpful to see your activity logs to help troubleshooting.

Also, please advise if your integrity sync appears to have finished.

Thanks,

Chuck

Archived