Paid user for past year or so. I am a chronic note taker. Prior to consolidating my "thoughts and ideas" into one single note, I would create a note for every single flash thought it cool thing I read. No issues at that time.

Should note, I run Evernote on my iPhone and iPad predominately but do also have the desktop software on my work PC and home MacBook Pro (although I rarely open the desktop software on either computer).

My challenge is this, I consolidated the bulk of these disparate notes down to one single LONG note and now said note does not sync correctly. It only becomes larger and larger as it attempts to sync itself doubling in size.

Evernote on my iPad won't even stay open. It just closes as soon as the background syncing initiates. You can tell that it basically says, no thanks and closes. This has been going on for two years now at least and I have tried copying my note from Evernote over to a Microsoft word doc so that I can then go and purge all of the redundant content. I then create a new note and start all over and save it, and sync it. The problem is, I do this on my desktop and my Evernote account looks clean and it looks like I have remedied the problem. But then the changes that I made, erasing the original compilation note, adding the content back as a new note, is not reflected across all my devices. I have artifact notes reflecting the old previously erased note on my iPad for example.

I'm on the verge of giving up. It's just too unwieldy to deal with and I don't like the fact that when I add content to this one long compilation note, I can't trust that it will be reflected on my other devices. I actually have many instances where I've added content to this long compilation note via my iPad and it has never shown up on my iPhone.

My question, what do I do? Has anybody else had this problem?

• Level 5*

Sorry, I don't know of a fix/solution for your problem.

But I have observed over some time that many users seem to have problems with long Notes.

So my suggestion is to keep you Notes relatively short (a page or two or is OK), and use Note links in a master Note to refer to all of them.  I know this is not your preference, but it may be the only way to make Evernote work smoothly for now.

This sure sounds like a bug to me.  I suggest that you:

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue".

I have tried everything I can think of today to sync what's on my pc with my iphone 6.  CANNOT do it.  I am sooooo frustrated!

I have opened the app on my phone with evernote running on my pc, having just synced evernote on my pc.

I have opened the app on my phone with evernote closed on my pc, having just synced evernote on my pc

I have opened the app on my phone when I have closed my laptop having just synced evernote on my pc

ARGHHHHH -- this is definitely an issue with this program.

• Level 5*
@nuorlenzgal:

Evernote devices do NOT sync directly with each other.  All devices sync with the Evernote Cloud.

Add a new Note using both EN Win and the EN app on your phone as a test, and manually sync both.

To verify that both have been properly sync'd, view your Notes using the EN Web client at Evernote.com.

Then add another Note using EN Web, and save/sync.  Then sync your PC and Phone, and check both for the new Note.

This should give you the data to determine where the sync issue is.

Archived