Update deletes Evernote

• Level 5*

Hi.  Always good to know what version of Evernote you're using - Mac / Windows / Android / iOS...?

It's standard practice on most desktops for Evernote to uninstall the old version before installing the new.  In your case the install may have stalled before the new version was added back.  In most cases,  just download the latest version of Evernote for your device and install it - log in with your existing account details and you should have your account back in no time.

• Level 5*

I was asked by Evernote to update. Upon install it deleted Evernote from my computer HElp

If the update did not install the new version, you can go to Evernote.com and download it.

I also updated Evernote yesterday. Today, i do have most of my notes BUT the most important one, the one i use everyday to list what i need to do, has vanished. Frustratingly, this is by no means the first time that an update has caused me to lose my most important note. What is causing this??????

I also updated Evernote yesterday. Today, i do have most of my notes BUT the most important one, the one i use everyday to list what i need to do, has vanished. Frustratingly, this is by no means the first time that an update has caused me to lose my most important note. What is causing this??????

• Level 5*

Hi.  Do you sync your note with Evernote online?  Try checking for the note by logging in here in a desktop browser - https://www.evernote.com/Login.action

I can't think why only one note would be affected by the update - have you checked your Trash notebook,  and for any Conflicting Changes notebooks?

Thanks for your response. Yes, i checked Trash immediately  -- nothing there  -- and also nothing in Conflicting Changes.

This is the third or fourth time this has happened to me when i updated Evernote. I should have learned by now. :(

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Us cautious and cynical types often backup the database folder before starting an update - it at least ensures that if anything goes wrong I can get back to my previous setup without any hassle...

Archived