Read-only Access Popup On Desktop

-Joe-

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. Yesterday I updated to the newest version of Evernote for Windows v5.8.12.8127 (previous version  5.8.4.6870.274870). This morning when I started my computer there was a popup message on the desktop I never saw before:

"Read-only Access. You cannot edit this note because it is in a read only shared notebook. Request Editing Rights?"

23139723323936200157.png

I did not click on Request Editing Rights Instead I restarted my computer. Then it went away, I didn't see it anymore.

What is this about?

• Level 5*

Same issue here and it just started happening.  If I open Evernote, it goes away.  I'm not sure how it's affecting anything since I don't have any shared notebooks.  I tried uninstalling with Revo and reinstalling and I still get it at startup. 

Same issue here and it just started happening.  If I open Evernote, it goes away.  I'm not sure how it's affecting anything since I don't have any shared notebooks.  I tried uninstalling with Revo and reinstalling and I still get it at startup. 

• Level 5*

I already posted the forum threads where this is being discussed in more detail - There seem to be a couple of work-arounds that might stop the pop-ups until Evernote get around to fixing the issue..

•     Right-click the Evernote icon in your system tray,  choose Options and UNtick "sync in background".  Remember to sync manually.
  •     Notebook permissions not syncing properly  - find a shared notebook and change the permissions back and forth.  Kill the share and reshare with different settings.

Same issue here. Problem started when I updated to EN 5.8.12.8127 (276127) I have no shared folders.

Occurring on multiple installations with various operating systems: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10

• 4 weeks later...

Archived