Unable to clip PDF

I am unable to clip a PDF file when viewing it in Firefox.  I doesnt matter if I select, Clip, Bookmark, or Screenshot.  Nothing happens when I click Save.

Tried sending to both Web and Desktop versions of Evernote.  Tried disabling Webroot since it has interfered with other programs in the past.

I do use NoScript but I allowed all scripts to run on that page. Uninstalled and re-installed Clipper.  I cant think of anything else to try.

Clipper seems to work fine with 'normal' web pages for me.  Just something with the PDF files.  I was hoping to save the time of downloading them and then moving to Evernote.  Using Windows 7 and Firefox 38.0.5

Thanks for the assistance.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello I have the same issue. Has a solution been proposed already? I am also using the clipper by Zotero which does not have the same problem. I tried using Nitro instead of the 'default' Firefox Adobe add-on but to no avail (and it made viewing PDFs problematic).

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Same problem here. Clipper 6.2.0 on FF 47.0.1 on Windows 10 and also on Windows 8.1.

I have deactivated all Add-ons, still the same issue. Happens also with images.

Here's the log when trying to clip a PDF:

[2016-08-02 08:53:22 GMT+0200] Error: "WebClip.getTitle: article not initialized"
[2016-08-02 08:53:22 GMT+0200] Error: {}
[2016-08-02 08:53:22 GMT+0200] Error: {}
[2016-08-02 08:53:22 GMT+0200] Error: "WebClip.getTitle: article not initialized"

I gave up on this ever working.   When I contacted support, I was essentially told that this only works with a clean install of Firefox. i.e. no add-ons installed.   They wanted me to uninstall all add-ons and lose all the associated settings.  I decided that having the clipper wasn't worth it. 

• 1 year later...

This used to work for me and now it doesn't. Tried everything above. Does anyone know of another web clipper that works? Google showed me that OneNote does (added bonus, it's free!) but I installed it and so far no luck (so much for free, probably why I still am willing to pay for Premium Evernote, but if that isn't going to work either, maybe I would be better off with a free note taking app that doesn't work just as poorly.)

• 1 year later...

My workaround for this issue -  I added Evernote to the "Open With" options for Windows.  Now, when I have a PDF open in the browser, I click on the Download icon in the viewer window, and select Open With > Evernote.    The PDF then opens in Evernote desktop.

• 4 weeks later...