Covert Sexism on the Evernote Webpage

I have a complaint and I don't know where to send it. Everytime I go to log into Evernote on the web there is a banner on the main page, like these contrived looking case study uses with a persons picture there. I don't know if they are fake or real and I don't care. My complaint is that there are roughly 5 male pictures and 1 female that I get from refreshing the page a number of times. It's offensive to women who use the product and I believe it is a form of covert sexism. Please look into diversifying this message. Thankyou

I have a complaint and I don't know where to send it. Everytime I go to log into Evernote on the web there is a banner on the main page, like these contrived looking case study uses with a persons picture there. I don't know if they are fake or real and I don't care. My complaint is that there are roughly 5 male pictures and 1 female that I get from refreshing the page a number of times. It's offensive to women who use the product and I believe it is a form of covert sexism. Please look into diversifying this message. Thankyou

With all of the world problems, this is your big issue?

I am a woman and do not find this offensive. In fact, I didn't even notice it. I do find it offensive when people try to make something so trivial into a BIG DEAL.

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/83994-where-are-the-women/

• Level 5*

Yeah, I really don't think that many people here, male or female, could care less. 

Now if it had lots of pictures of  attractive women and taglines like:

"Perfect to help ladies collect recipes and knitting patterns"

"Because we know it's hard for you girls to remember things"

you might have a better case

Also, coming on here and shouting and using bad language doesn't reflect very well on you - I don't blame your whole gender though.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to pass this onto our marketing team to check out. 

For what it's worth and as a bit of background--we launched that homepage with 3 images (2 male, 1 female). The other two additions (both male) are a designer of a line of Evernote Market products and one of television's Mythbusters, both of which were heavily featured as part of our 2014 conference. Their features on our homepage are an extension of their placement at our conference.

We have years of history showcasing power users of Evernote, regardless of gender. Our blog reflects many profiles, and you can check out some of our Ambassadors here, most of which we've showcased at some point, either at conferences, on the blog, or elsewhere. 

Again, thanks for the feedback. We're always open to it. However, I'm going to close this topic before it goes any further afield and starts running into our forum's code of conduct. If you'd like to reach out to me for further comment, please feel free to PM me. 

Archived