Importing Note Creates New Notebook

I tried to import and everytime I do that it creates a not book as shown in the attached image.

Is it evernote feature ? Is there a setting that can be suppressed so instead of creating a new notebook for each note, it imports note to selected notebook.

Thanks for your help

Mac - Mavericks, Windows - XP and all iDevices.

post-262075-0-77064900-1435676270_thumb.

• Level 5*

I believe all imports go to a notebook titled Imported Notes.  You can then either move all the notes to the notebook of choice, or rename Imported Notes to whatever you like.

Ok, I see, this happen when you import notes via the menu Files/import. I never use this. I drag&drop directly over a Notebook or use import folders which imports directly in NB I previously selected.

Yes I was trying Files -> import -> .enex file.

I tried folder import and it worked find, it did not create multiple notebooks and put all of them in chosen notebook

Thank you

• Level 5*

ENEX files don't capture the source (or any) notebook information.  When exporting to ENEX it's best to do so one notebook at a time and create a separate file for each one,  then an import will allow you to move all the notes into the correct notebooks in successive imports.

• Level 5*

Yes I was trying Files -> import -> .enex file.

I tried folder import and it worked find, it did not create multiple notebooks and put all of them in chosen notebook

Thank you

You are welcome.

Archived