We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×

Hello! I am 2 minutes new to this forum so I apologize if this question has already been addressed: 

Is it possible to made a grid in Evernote? I'm a college student, so I used to use the grid function to make a note of my schedule, but now I can't for some reason. There's no option to. I've just been building a grid in excel and then copying and pasting it into evernote. 

Am I missing something? Can I still form grids in evernote or was that ability lost in an update? 

Thank you very much! 

Hi.  What's your operating system - Windows / Mac / Android / iOS?  And are you using Web,  Desktop or mobile?

Whether I use it through the app on my Mac or the app on my iPhone, I don't have the option to make a grid. After one of the updates the option was gone.

Is it possible to made a grid in Evernote? I'm a college student, so I used to use the grid function to make a note of my schedule, but now I can't for some reason. There's no option to. I've just been building a grid in excel and then copying and pasting it into evernote. 

If by "grid" you mean "table", then yes, you can create Tables in both EN Mac and EN Win.

You should see a table/grid icon/button in the EN formatting toolbar.  Or goto menu Format > Tables > Insert Table...

I don't think it's possible (yet) on any of the smartphone EN apps.

I have found the best way to create a table in Evernote is to first create it in MS Word, then copy/paste the Word Table into EN Mac (or EN Win).

You have much more control over the layout and formatting of the table in Word than you do in Evernote.

If you expect to create this "schedule grid" often, you could create the table layout, with column headers and formatting you prefer, in MS Word.  Then copy/paste this Word table into an EN Note you could call "Schedule Template".

Whenever you need a new schedule, use the EN "Copy Note to Notebook..." menu item to create a new Note with your standard schedule format.

• Like 1