Evernote Crashes on Lauch Yosemite.

I have reviewed and tried all the suggestions on the forums.

But no joy. Evernote keeps crashing on my desktop.

Mac Yosemite 10.10.3

It appears to be after "migrating files".

If I launch and sign into a brand new account, all is well. 

Please. Any insights appreciated.

• Level 5*

Have you checked using the EN Web client at Evernote.com to see if all of your Notes appear OK?

For this type of problem, sometimes a simple reinstall of the app will fix the problem.

This should not affect any of your Notes or other data.

But if you have any Local Notebooks, you might want to export them to ENEX files just to be safe.

To reinstall the app, see Evernote KB Article: How do I uninstall and reinstall Evernote [App]?

If this doesn't fix your problem, post back here with details and we'll try to help.

Thanks JMichael.

Finally after hours I got it back.

I Uninstalled EN. Deleted all application files. Then I reinstalled from the a download of EN from the evernote.com.

It continued to crash.

Then I created a new user account on EN to see if I could login and EN launched fine.

So I tried again on my original account. And crash.

I Uninstalled EN. Deleted all application files. Then I reinstalled from the a download of EN from the evernote.com.

This I did a few times.

Finally,

I Uninstalled EN. Deleted all application files. Then I reinstalled from the a download of EN from the app store. And JOY.

It worked.

Have no idea. Just happy it's back.

• Level 5*
@ckka:

Wow!  What an ordeal!  But I'm glad you back up and running!

If anything like this ever occurs again (and let's hope it never does), you might try using an app uninstaller to completely remove everything associated with Evernote.

There are several Mac app uninstallers available, but some do NOT search hidden folders/files.  My preference is AppDelete,  as it seems to be the most comprehensive.  See the user reviews at MacUpdate.com

Actually I found it to be a very nice little uninstaller. It runs in the background and when you toss an app it prompts you delete the related files it has found. But, I am no guru on that subject.

• 2 years later...

I am having the problem as listed above, only after using Appcleaner to remove and then reinstall Evernote, it still crashes every time while migrating files! This is very frustrating as I use Evernote all the time and the web version is not the same! 

Archived