Business Notebook page capture not working since 7.7

alanfleming

Idea

Since the 7.7 version of Evernote for iPhone came out, I've been unable to consistently capture text from my Moleskine Evernote Business Notebook. Am I the only one?

Firstly, automatic mode just doesn't work. I can wait minutes for it to recognise the boundaries of the page, even when the notebook is open on a flat black piece of card. Notes - once captured - are inconsistently captured as either documents or photos. They're nearly never properly cropped, so I also can't successfully use the "To Do" tick box as it's either cropped out, or simply unrecognised.

If I switch to manual mode, then the problems are similar. It becomes a cumbersome process as I need to select the type "document" for each page. Cropping is still poor, making the "To Do" tick box useless.

Also, the OCR of captured pages has gone all to hell, possibly because of the problems in the capture process.

I reiterate: all this worked just fine before 7.7. Before then, it was point, snap, title, file, find.

Is there anyone else having these sort of issues? It's driving me insane as capturing these pages had become a valued part of my workflow. 

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

There have been many issues with the EN camera since Ver 7.7.  Although a number of updates have been released, the issues persist.  Evernote has acknowledged the bug.  See below.

On iPhone 6+ is crashing everytime, but it's working fine on an iPad 4th gen. I´ve reported to Evernote support, but it's been 2 days and no answer yet.

Will there be any update to the app soon?

Response by Evernote Employee annah:

I can confirm that this is a known issue, mostly on the 6 and 6+. Our developers are indeed aware and are working on a fix for a future release. 

Here are a few workarounds that have been successful, at least temporarily:

• Quitting all open apps.
  • Rebooting your iOS device.
  • Reinstalling the Evernote application.
  • Clearing the cache (EN Settings > Support > Clear Cache).

We do understand that this is a frustrating issue, but we are working on it and hope to have it resolved soon.

Archived