Web Client Beta Release 6/24/2015 - Default View

nanphan

Idea

Hi everyone!

We're fixing some bigger issues over the next couple of weeks so our updates will be fairly small for couple releases. Thank you for your patience. Here's what went into this week's release:

THIS WEEK

• All Notes Default View - The default for All Notes view is now switched to the split view to reduce the # of clicks it takes to view a note. 
  • Minor bug fixes
    • Clearing a search - There is now a X button to quickly clear & redo searches
    • Switching scopes - For business customers switching scopes and search from Business to Personal or vice versa, the search will now automatically be updated
    • Broken browser back behavior - Fixed UI bugs when clicking back after moving a notebook
    • Scroll - Scroll position is sometimes incorrect after selecting a note 

KNOWN ISSUES

• Date formatting is incorrect in some regions and shows as MM/DD/YY instead of DD/MM/YY
  • Missing nested tags support
  • Missing copy note link support
  • Difficult to get to source URL of a clipped note

Thanks, 

Nancy 

7 replies to this idea

If I am moving notes from my default notebook, which in my case is my inbox, to other notebooks then when I move the note I am taken to the notebook where I have just moved the note to. This means that where I have several notes in my inbox and want to sort them into relevant notebooks I then have to navigate my way back to my inbox each time I move a note. This doesn't happen on the Windows client. For me it would be more productive to be able to work through my inbox without having to navigate back to it everytime I move a note which on the web beta takes 2 clicks.

If I am moving notes from my default notebook, which in my case is my inbox, to other notebooks then when I move the note I am taken to the notebook where I have just moved the note to. This means that where I have several notes in my inbox and want to sort them into relevant notebooks I then have to navigate my way back to my inbox each time I move a note. This doesn't happen on the Windows client. For me it would be more productive to be able to work through my inbox without having to navigate back to it everytime I move a note which on the web beta takes 2 clicks.

Thank you for the feedback.  The client is currently optimized for moving to one note at a time and in future release we will address the mutli-note move problem.  Sorry for the inconvenience.  One of the reasons why we departured from the model where we stay in the notebook is that when users actually move their note and want to stay in it, it can be very tedious to try to go and look for the note again.  

We currently move the note only when you're in Notebook view. If you are in All Notes view, we will stay in All Notes. Until we support multiselect, I would suggest using All Notes or notes search for these tasks for now. 

After not being able to delete a note, I returned to the currently supported interface.  And, after doing so, realized I prefer the current UI much more than the beta:  it's "sharper", and has a three-pane view.

After not being able to delete a note, I returned to the currently supported interface.  And, after doing so, realized I prefer the current UI much more than the beta:  it's "sharper", and has a three-pane view.

Hi S!ick,

Were you unable to delete a note because of a bug? Or did you have difficultly finding the functionality? You can delete a note by hovering over the note in the note list and clicking on the Trash Can icon. Delete is also available on top of the note. 

Nancy

Yeah, both behaviors have their uses. But I'd also prefer not having to navigate back every time I move a note.

Archived