(Archived) Sync Chokes on Tag Name

I've imported a small section of my database (410 notes) into EN3b. When trying to sync, I kept getting the following error:

EDAMUserException: errorCode=BAD_DATA_FORMAT parameter="Tag.name".

Looking through the log, I see that it seems to be choking on a tag called "Personal (e.g., books)". I deleted that tag.

What is wrong with this tag?

(Note: submitted this to feedback too.)

I've imported a small section of my database (410 notes) into EN3b. When trying to sync, I kept getting the following error:

Looking through the log, I see that it seems to be choking on a tag called "Personal (e.g., books)". I deleted that tag.

I hit something kind of similar. I made a hierarhical pair of tags (a parent tag and a child tag). I deleted the parent tag. Synchronization choked on the child tag (which I thought was deleted when I deleted its parent tag). I deleted the offending child tag and synchronization completed successfully (according to my Windows client, but I still can't see any of my notebooks on the web interface).

I hereby dub the new term, "Tainted Tags". :shock:

It's a comma - you can't have comma symbol in the tag name. EN3/Win client won't allow you this, but there is a known bug in the way we do 2.2 database conversion. It will be fixed soon.

Archived