Evernote Business

HI,

I have a personal Evernote account and wanted to set up a business account.  

I have downloaded the Evernote icon to my desktop.  I scan in many things to my computer and then drag them to m desktop folder.

I was considering opening a Business Account too and wondered if there is a desktop version for that as well. 

Or any other suggestions.  I am trying to keep business items separate from my personal stuff.

Thanks

Mike Shrout

• Level 5*

You downloaded the icon??  Have you installed the desktop application?  If you upgrade to business you can choose either to have the business account connected to an existing personal premium account,  or start a separate business account with connected additional premium accounts for yourself and any other colleagues.  If you're a sole trader you could just start an additional free account for your business and work up from there...

HI gazumped.  Yes, I downloaded the desktop application.  But I was confused if I start a separate Business account is there a separate desktop "app" for that?  I assume I would have to log out of the personal account and then log in under the business account to use it as my desktop.  I was hoping there were two separate desktop applications.  But while at work I could just use the business account and then when home use the personal account.  Am I on the right track.  LOL.

thanks Mike

• Level 5*

If you decide to go for the combined package you'll get an interface very much like the one you're looking at with somewhat different menus and both business and personal notebooks under separate headings.  Like I said before if this is just for you,  I'd suggest you either set up two notebook stacks in your current account for work and personal,  or you start another account for one or the other.  Business has all sorts of admin overheads that you probably don't need right now if you're actually running your own business.  https://evernote.com/business/ for more information...

Thanks, that was very helpful.  Its just me as a sole proprietor.  So it sounds like I should just stick to my current personal account and do the stack option.  I am not sure what you mean buy two Notebook stacks.  Can you explain that a little more.

• Level 5*

HI gazumped.  Yes, I downloaded the desktop application.  But I was confused if I start a separate Business account is there a separate desktop "app" for that?  I assume I would have to log out of the personal account and then log in under the business account to use it as my desktop.  I was hoping there were two separate desktop applications.  But while at work I could just use the business account and then when home use the personal account.  Am I on the right track.  LOL.

thanks Mike

Mike, to directly answer your question, there is NOT a separate app for EN Business accounts.

All EN accounts use the same desktop app.  The app may display different options based on account type.

In the EN Win (or EN Mac) app, just signout of one account, and sign in to your other account using the dropdown with your account name at the top left of the EN main window.

On each machine, you can choose to setup only one account, business or personal.

You don't need a EN Business account unless you have a team of employees who will all use the same EN Business account.

If you just want to keep you personal and business stuff separate, you can just have two individual accounts (Free, Plus, or Premium).

• Level 5*

Thanks, that was very helpful.  Its just me as a sole proprietor.  So it sounds like I should just stick to my current personal account and do the stack option.  I am not sure what you mean buy two Notebook stacks.  Can you explain that a little more.

Notes are held in a notebook,  with individual titles and tags.  There's no 'sub-notebook' layout - the only way you can organise notebooks is to group them together in stacks.  You could use Work and Personal as stack names,  or if you need more flexibility than that,  you could set up stacks for W_Costs and P_Costs plus W_Income and P_income.  Up to you how you arrange things.

If that gets complicated,  you could split off your work notebooks into another account - but beware that if it's a free account,  you'll have monthly upload limits to worry about.  Best move notebooks from a free account to a premium account if you need to do it - there are much higher limits.

- and what you currently have is a free account / not business.  ;)

See https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23530443 for more on stacks.

• Level 5*

Okay, thanks guys.  It is appreciated. I have the free business account.  So I will stay with that.  

Mike

Just to clarify for other readers, I think you mean you have a free individual account that you are using for business purposes.

The only EN Business account is a paid account.

Archived