I want to delete my account on the app and this account here

• Level 5*

Hi.  It's not hard to remove your details from the system -

• Export any notes you want to save
  • Delete all notes from your account(s) and sync your device
  • Change the email address under which you registered the account to something random here https://www.evernote.com/Settings.action
  • Deactivate the account at the bottom of that page.
  • Uninstall any apps or browser add-ins you may have installed

• Change the email address under which you registered the account to something random here https://www.evernote.com/Settings.action

Hi, thank you so much...I tried all ways and didnt see that...didnt start any notes because as soon as I saw what the app consisted of I knew it wasn't for me.

So if I delete the account does that delete this account here for this forum? Also, unsure of why do I have to change the email address to something else, I don't understand why I have to do that...can't I just delete and thats it?

• Level 5*

Hi, thank you so much...I tried all ways and didnt see that...didnt start any notes because as soon as I saw what the app consisted of I knew it wasn't for me.

So if I delete the account does that delete this account here for this forum? Also, unsure of why do I have to change the email address to something else, I don't understand why I have to do that...can't I just delete and thats it?

That's entirely up to you - if at some time in the future you wanted to sign up for an Evernote account,  and tried to use the same email address,  Evernote would say "That address is already in use".  So just in case,  I'd suggest changing it - it also means that you no longer have any information on Evernote's servers,  a point on which which some folks are picky if they're closing an account.

When you registered for the forums,  did you use the same user name and password as for your account?  If so,  then yes,  that's gone too.

As a matter of interest,  can you explain a little bit more about why Evernote clearly wasn't for you?  I have no axe to grind here,  and I've done the same thing with other software,  but it might be useful feedback for Evernote and their product developers...

:)

That's entirely up to you - if at some time in the future you wanted to sign up for an Evernote account,  and tried to use the same email address,  Evernote would say "That address is already in use".  So just in case,  I'd suggest changing it - it also means that you no longer have any information on Evernote's servers,  a point on which which some folks are picky if they're closing an account.

When you registered for the forums,  did you use the same user name and password as for your account?  If so,  then yes,  that's gone too.

As a matter of interest,  can you explain a little bit more about why Evernote clearly wasn't for you?  I have no axe to grind here,  and I've done the same thing with other software,  but it might be useful feedback for Evernote and their product developers...

:)

Thanks for that...I will delete everything...yes I believe i did for the forum...I just don't see the point in being on here - I only joined because it told me I had too to get my question answered which you have kindly done so.

I had a note 4 phone and it implied I needed an account...but then I noticed it just wasnt what I was looking for, the Snote/pen was and I have other apps to do what Evernote does :-)

Archived