Can I safely delete the huge Sparkle folders from the Evernote cache folder?

Hi everyone

I'm new to the forum, so forgive me if this topic has been covered before ...nothing came up in the search.

I'm just doing a bit of a clean up on my iMac – OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

The Evernote cache folder is huge – 500mb. Most of it looks as if it serves a purpose, but there's a Sparkle folder containing copies of the update files – zip files and unzipped copies of the app. Are they necessary? Can I safely delete them?

Can I instruct Sparkle where to put the updates in future?

The screenshot shows the relevant part of the Caches folder in my user Library.

Many thanks for your help.

Sue :)

post-133729-0-84170100-1434969733_thumb.

• Level 5*

The Evernote cache folder is huge – 500mb. Most of it looks as if it serves a purpose, but there's a Sparkle folder containing copies of the update files – zip files and unzipped copies of the app. Are they necessary? Can I safely delete them?

500MB does seem quite large for the Evernote cache folder.  On my Mac (Mavericks), it is only about 45MB.

I have no idea what "Sparkle" is -- I have never heard of it.  A quick google did turn up one reference that might be relavent to a 3rd party Mac updater.

IAC, I don't know whether you will be able to get any reliable help here, so you might try Twitter:

Since Evernote now is providing official support to all users via Twitter, you might post your question on Twitter @evernotehelps.  It might also be good to include a link back to your post here.

Archived