Notebook names are changeable after publishing?

Frank Blome

Idea

Hello together,

Yesterday I discovered something interesting I'd like to verify and maybe get conformed here in the forum. So excuse me, if the help section isn't a perfect fit for this.

I am sharing the notebooks - as a premium member - with many guys within (and outside of) my company. After a notebook is shared I'd suspect that any modification of a notebook, like renaming or re-stacking is just personal and will not be send to the shared members. But it will shared to my other devices like computers and smartphones.

Is that correct?

If this is the case, I "beautified" my folder with emojis quite a bit, as you can see in the attached screenshot.

Second question: Can the usage of emojis cause any issues with new sharings etc? Background: we are all on Mac and iOS devices.

Thanks

Frank

P.S.: If you want to discuss the structure of my notebook and its contents, we bedder should start a thread in the lifestyle section of this forum. But I am open to do so.

post-116401-0-74757500-1434708464_thumb.

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  AFAIK if your notebooks are shared to others,  they should see the changes you make to the name and layout.  Their account is simply providing them with a 'window' through which to see your information.  Whatever changes for you,  also changes for them.  Same goes if they have editing rights to the notebook and make changes of their own.

Having said that,  detailed 'administrative' changes like titles and tags can sometimes be very slow or downright reluctant to jump across to your sharees.

Also:  if someone has copied your notebook,  or some of your notes,  to their own account,  they have a permanent snapshot that will not change - ever - whatever you may do to the original.

Thanks for your answer gazumped, but I have some doubts on that. I have made some experiments and no change on the name of a notebook was send to the other person. Also I couldn't see any delay in syncing time. I guess the sync of a shared notebook is done by some ID and the name of the notebook does only matter on the initial sharing process.

Is it possible to get an official statement from Evernote? Or do I have to contact the support for this?

I thought so myself for a long while. But when they (the employee) didn't see the notebook (they have a Basic account) I ask them to look in to I check it out.

And early this morning (18 hours ago) I start redoing my Evernote notebook sharing system!

The new name didn't follow when I change name. I wait for hours to everything will be synced and ready. But no new name.

Since I admin both I deleted and followed again. (and with Workchat it's so easy, yes I'm chatting with myself)

Alternative is to stop sharing and change name and share again.

And I discovered that it's possible for a reader (no right to edit or share) to change the name herself.

(I'm little jealous :P of the possibility to have emojis in the notebooks name, just saying...)

• Level 5*

Thanks for your answer gazumped, but I have some doubts on that. I have made some experiments and no change on the name of a notebook was send to the other person. Also I couldn't see any delay in syncing time. I guess the sync of a shared notebook is done by some ID and the name of the notebook does only matter on the initial sharing process.

Is it possible to get an official statement from Evernote? Or do I have to contact the support for this?

It's possible that changes aren't mapped out to sharees,  but that would seem to contradict the whole idea of 'sharing' - to work collaboratively with someone they need to see what you see.  You could certainly raise this as a bug - by choose "report a bug..." in the first dropdown after logging in here > https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action a bug report doesn't usually get any response unless the team need more information,  so you could also reach out on Twitter @Evernotehelps (include the forum thread URL for extra background)

Archived