Do not delete the scans!

danielik

Idea

I had the horrible feeling of having lost all my scans... as I shared them to Evernote, they immediately disappeared from Scannable and appeared in Evernote only 10 minutes after...

But the point is: why on Earth should scans be deleted automatically from Scannable after a "share" ???

Please remove this stupid feature.

I want to share, scan again, share again, etc, without worrying of scans disappearing.

Then maybe one day I will delete them. Maybe.

Thanks.

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  User forum here,  and even worse,  I'm an Android user - so no Scannable experience whatsoever.  However,  there is a 'how to' guide on Scannable,  and strictly from that it looks like you may have some settings that will affect when and where things get saved.

You have the option of saving all scanned images to Evernote from the Scannable settings page (settings gear at the top left of screen in the camera mode). Tap Evernote > Always save to Evernote

The full guide is here - https://evernote.com/products/scannable/guide/ if you can't find anything there,  or in settings that seems helpful maybe someone else can assist...  :)

Hi. Thanks for the suggestion, I did not know that setting.

However, the only thing that it does is to automatically save to Evernote when you click "share", instead of letting you choose which "share" method to use...

It makes you save to Evernote with one tap instead of two... wow!

As I read in other posts, share to Evernote sometime fails, so I would have preferred to keep a copy inside Scannable... or scans to be saved into Photos immediately, so that they would survive to Scannable crashes...

Hi there,

I, on the other hand, like the fact that once the securely scan is save to Evernote, it automatically deleted (clear up memory of Scannable) and dose not get mixed up with the next scan sessions. I was surprised that the latest software release does not remove the scan after save.

May suggest to add an option in Settings that allow user to choose Auto-delete after saving, or not.

I had the horrible feeling of having lost all my scans... as I shared them to Evernote, they immediately disappeared from Scannable and appeared in Evernote only 10 minutes after...

But the point is: why on Earth should scans be deleted automatically from Scannable after a "share" ???

Please remove this stupid feature.

I want to share, scan again, share again, etc, without worrying of scans disappearing.

Then maybe one day I will delete them. Maybe.

Thanks.

Hello everyone,

We've just released Scannable 2.1 where all of your completed scans are saved for 30 days in the new "Recents" section.  After 30 days, the scans are automatically deleted to keep from taking up too much space on your phone.  If, for some reason, you don't want this behavior, you can turn it off in the Advanced settings. 

I hope this helps!

P.J.

Archived