Web Client Beta Release 6/17/2015 - Actions Available in Note

nanphan

Idea

Here are some of the features that went into last night's release. Please continue to report bugs and let us know if there are any new issues. 

- Nancy 

NEW FEATURES

Note View
  • Actions on Notes - We've relocated and added some note actions.
    • View Reminder dates - The add/remove a reminder button is now located in the upper left corner of a note. If you have a reminder date set, you can now see the reminder date while viewing the note.
    • Shortcuts - The add/remove a shortcut button is now available in note view in the upper left corner. Make your note a shortcut, by clicking on the star icon. 
    • Delete - The delete a note button is now available in note view in the upper left corner. Deleted notes are always moved to the Trash.
  • Margins - Margins have been widened to increase amount of content that can be shown in a note.
+ Minor bug fixes

KNOWN ISSUES
  • Date formatting is incorrect in some regions and shows as MM/DD/YY instead of DD/MM/YY
  • Missing nested tags support
  • Missing copy note link support
  • Difficult to get to source URL of a clipped note
  • Scroll position is sometimes incorrect after selecting a note (this will be fixed in next week's release) 

19 replies to this idea

Not sure if this is an issue with the beta or not, I haven't been able to reproduce it in the non-beta version and it doesn't happen every time.

I was editing a note in the web beta and when I opened the note later on my Windows client the note had been replicated three times, this happened again to another note but it doesn't appear to be happening every time.  On both occasions the note was identical in the same notebook and with the same tags.

Thank you for reporting this, ianfm. Sorry this is happening. We'll look into ways we can provide a better experience here. Sometimes when there are sync conflicts and the web client is not able to save to the note (perhaps because another client is in the process of editing or saving), the web client will err on saving a duplicate note, instead of not saving.

Nancy 

In the floating bar while editing (cool feature btw :)), there is a weird french translation for font-size : "contenance" ^ ^ (the right word is "taille")

Thanks! :)  I'll report this.  - Nancy 

Thanks for the report, SebR.  This should be fixed now.  - Nancy

Missing Feature - Headings 

Much like many websites and blogging platforms (like Medium), the text editor allows users to set h1 to h6 formatting - this changes the font, size, color, etc. 

As I am often creating headings, sub-headings, etc. in my notes, it's a huge waste of time changing each piece of text individually. It would be big productivity boost if there are pre-made h1 to h6 settings that we can just click on. 

Even better if we can customise the defaults ourselves to format we like. 

Would really love to see this feature implemented. 

Thank you for the feature request. At this point in time, none of our clients support this feature, however, we will add it to the list of considerations for future improvements. 

Nancy

Missing Feature - Headings 

Much like many websites and blogging platforms (like Medium), the text editor allows users to set h1 to h6 formatting - this changes the font, size, color, etc. 

As I am often creating headings, sub-headings, etc. in my notes, it's a huge waste of time changing each piece of text individually. It would be big productivity boost if there are pre-made h1 to h6 settings that we can just click on. 

Even better if we can customise the defaults ourselves to format we like. 

Would really love to see this feature implemented. 

Missing features:

• complex search: more then 1 tag and some keywords
  • search: tag autocomplete
  • one click to open the "attached" url of note (now: open note --> open note's information --> copy URL --> open browser tab --> paste + enter )

In the floating bar while editing (cool feature btw :)), there is a weird french translation for font-size : "contenance" ^ ^ (the right word is "taille")

Thanks! :)  I'll report this.  - Nancy 

Is there a way of knowing which font is used in a note? Somehow I managed to change the font in one paragraph in a note when I pressed some keys but I have no idea what combination of keys I pressed. I went to change the font back but of all the fonts I could choose none matched what was in the rest of the note so I highlighted some text but was unable to identify the font and was only given the option to change it.

As of right now, if it is not a supported font in the web we do not show the intended font. The default in the web is Gotham, but depending on the font which is copy and pasted etc, it could change.  This is good feedback. We'll see how we can improve this. 

Thanks,

Nancy

Not sure if this is an issue with the beta or not, I haven't been able to reproduce it in the non-beta version and it doesn't happen every time.

I was editing a note in the web beta and when I opened the note later on my Windows client the note had been replicated three times, this happened again to another note but it doesn't appear to be happening every time.  On both occasions the note was identical in the same notebook and with the same tags.

Is there a way of knowing which font is used in a note? Somehow I managed to change the font in one paragraph in a note when I pressed some keys but I have no idea what combination of keys I pressed. I went to change the font back but of all the fonts I could choose none matched what was in the rest of the note so I highlighted some text but was unable to identify the font and was only given the option to change it.

Hi Nancy,

In fact, I started seeing the border shortly before today's release - a couple of days ago. I'm using the latest Chrome browser on Windows. I just took a look in the Safari browser and it is not there. Looks like it's something on my end/ Chrome's end.

Thanks  for the back-breaking work (I think) ;-)

Thank you for the report again, Frank.dg. We just tried this on Chrome on Windows 8 and Windows 7 but do not see any issues. Can you provide us the version # and the OS version you are on?

Thanks in advance, 

Nancy 

Is it just me or is the text box/ note box a permanent fixture within a note. I'm a little confused... it is anything but distraction-free and it totally destroys whatever mojo the Web Beta had

Hey Frank.dg,

Is the outline/textbox border on the note area something that you're seeing on your side? That is definitely a bug and not intended. Can you help us understand what browser you are on, the version #, and if this started happening after today's release? 

You are correct that the icons no longer fade in. The fade in was triggered on edit. We recently changed this to give folks the ability to take action on existing notes they do not wish to edit, but do want to add a shortcut, set a reminder, etc. Thank you for the feedback on this. We'll take this into consideration as we continue to explore additional improvements. 

- Nancy 

Hi Nancy,

In fact, I started seeing the border shortly before today's release - a couple of days ago. I'm using the latest Chrome browser on Windows. I just took a look in the Safari browser and it is not there. Looks like it's something on my end/ Chrome's end.

Thanks  for the back-breaking work (I think) ;-)

Is it just me or is the text box/ note box a permanent fixture within a note. I'm a little confused... it is anything but distraction-free and it totally destroys whatever mojo the Web Beta had

Hey Frank.dg,

Is the outline/textbox border on the note area something that you're seeing on your side? That is definitely a bug and not intended. Can you help us understand what browser you are on, the version #, and if this started happening after today's release? 

You are correct that the icons no longer fade in. The fade in was triggered on edit. We recently changed this to give folks the ability to take action on existing notes they do not wish to edit, but do want to add a shortcut, set a reminder, etc. Thank you for the feedback on this. We'll take this into consideration as we continue to explore additional improvements. 

- Nancy 

Is it just me or is the text box/ note box a permanent fixture within a note. I'm a little confused... it is anything but distraction-free and it totally destroys whatever mojo the Web Beta had:

text%20box%20web%20beta.png?dl=1

Also... I've noticed that the controls/ buttons, etc do not fade as they used to when one writes. That was pretty cool. A couple of other things I can't quite put my finger on... but I think there's been a major step back in the overall feel of what a note looks like (when one is in writing mode).

Here's an older screenshot... you'll see what I mean. The only thing I like about the update is the wider note margins. That's about it.

Beta.png?dl=1

Archived