Empty Trash on Android Phone?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Go to your Notebook list and scroll down to the Trash heading.  On a phone the contents of that notebook will simply be the same as the Trash notebook on the Web or another device.  As far as I can see It's not (yet) possible to delete items there.  You may be able to delete on a tablet,  you definitely do have that option on the desktop or web.

Thanks for the reply, gazumped.

This information is disappointing. I don't want old notes/files building up on my phone.

I have been trying other notes apps. I will probably go with something else. There are other things I am not happy about with Evernote. But, I think it has a lot of good things in it that others will find useful. I don't think it is a bad app. I just don't think it is for me.

Have a good day.

K

• Level 5*

Just for the record,  no notes are stored on your phone.  To save storage on mobile devices,  all you get (unless you specify otherwise because you know you have sufficient storage space) is a searchable index of notes,  and the last few notes you opened,  kept in temporary storage.  You still have full access via the data network,  but a permanent full copy of your database will only exist online and on any desktop devices on which you install Evernote.

Archived