What are the best instructional videos for using Evernote?

Maybe one of the dozens of good books out there? They are really informative and more to the point. You could start with one of the books in Evernote's store, written by independent users. Brett Kelly has a nice one up there.

• Level 5*

Maybe one of the dozens of good books out there? They are really informative and more to the point. You could start with one of the books in Evernote's store, written by independent users. Brett Kelly has a nice one up there.

Sorry, Frank, but I have to disagree on this one. ;)

The problem with Evernote books in general is that they are out of date the day after they are published.

In particular, there have been so many UI changes on all platforms, that they could be more confusing for a new user who may not be fully computer literate.  The first time the actual software UI doesn't exactly match the UI in the book the new user could be come very discouraged.

IMO, the eBook by Brett Kelly is terrible.  I bought the first edition, overpaid $25 for it, and thought it was  poorly written, poorly organized, and didn't really add that much technical content over the Evernote documentation/videos.

Fair enough... But did you know that if you paid for the 1st edition, you get all Brett Kelly's subsequent editions free? I think the book has come a way since that first edition. Substantially more information. Perhaps not as technical as here in the forums... but then again, that comes with troubleshooting. 

Archived