Why is text in Wordpad sharper than in Evernote?

LS1440

Hi there

The text in Evernote is far less sharp than text written in Wordpad, which is a little frustrating. 

One aspect of my job is that I have to read tonnes of news reports and then write summaries. I find it useful copying and pasting text into Evernote and then using tags to organise all the information. 

However, I find I can read text in Evernote less comfortably and quickly than I can when I copy and paste into Wordpad because the text in Evernote is much less sharp.

Why is this and can Evernote improve the sharpness of the text in its notes? 

Also it would help to be able to increase line spacing. Could this also be integrated?

Sure here you go. The snapshot is of Chinese text. But you can see clearly the difference. (edit: It's not as clear in the jpeg attachment viewing it on this page as it is on my desktop, not sure why.)

post-261106-0-83547100-1434472529_thumb.

• Level 5*

My guess is that it has to do with that Evernote has implemented a quick fix solution for people struggling with high DPI laptops.

Try and right click the Evernote shorcut, pick Properties, and in the Compability tab, check Deactivate scaling at high DPI.

• Level 5*

My guess is that it has to do with that Evernote has implemented a quick fix solution for people struggling with high DPI laptops.

I have seen this high DPI issue reported before.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the slow reply. 

I've attached another screenshot which is a bit clearer than the last one, but owing to the small file size limit on uploads it is still not showing fully the higher clarity of the wordpad doc (left) compared with the evernote note (right). 

I turned the high DPI scaling off but it made no difference. My screen is 1920x1080. 

post-261106-0-20480300-1435401477_thumb.

• Level 5*

You may want to report this as a bug.

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue".

• 1 month later...

You, sir, are an asset. On my XPS 13, Evernote looks horrid. I'll try this when I get back to my laptop. I need to do this on a couple of other apps as well.

Archived