Selecting text is buggy

On my 64 GB iPhone 5S, running IOS 8.3, Evernote IOS app version 7.7.7.315717 (and on previous versions), when attempting to edit a note, it usually takes me three attempts to get the Select/Select All/Paste menu to open and stay up. The first two times I touch the screen, the Select/Select All/Paste menu will open and then immediately close, but on the third attempt, it stays open. Every once in a while, the menu will open on the first attempt, but that is unusual.

Thank you,

Chris Shaker

• Level 5

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your feedback.

This is a known issue since Apple changed the controller we use in iOS 7. I agree it's bothersome, but as a workaround highlighting the text by double-tapping on some text and then tapping one of the two handles (top left or bottom right) will expose the editing menu.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Chuck

• Level 5*

@Chuck:

This is a BUG in Evernote iOS.  I just tested both EN iOS and the Apple Notes app and the Apple Notes worked fine:

• AN:  double-tap on a word selects the word and displays the context menu (Cut, Copy, Paste, etc).
  • EN:  double-tap on a word selects the word, but the context menu is display only briefly, then disappears
    • It took 3 tries (double-taps) before the EN context menu would remain displayed.

Since Apple Notes app works fine, but Evernote app does not, it is clear that this is NOT a general iOS problem.

It is an Evernote problem.

BTW, I also tested this in other note apps and it worked fine:

• aNote
  • Notability

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your feedback.

This is a known issue since Apple changed the controller we use in iOS 7. I agree it's bothersome, but as a workaround highlighting the text by double-tapping on some text and then tapping one of the two handles (top left or bottom right) will expose the editing menu.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Chuck

On my 64 GB iPhone 5S, running IOS 8.3, Evernote IOS app version 7.7.7.315717 (and on previous versions), when attempting to edit a note, it usually takes me three attempts to get the Select/Select All/Paste menu to open and stay up.. The first two times I touch the screen, the Select/Select All/Paste menu will open and then immediately close, but on the third attempt, it stays open. Every once in a while, the menu will open on the first attempt, but that is unusual.

Thank you,

Chris Shaker

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived