Dashboard Gallery Request

I read some posts from 2011 in which the subject of having a dashboard in Evernote.  It was noted that Galleries, which would be something like what the person wanted, would be available that fall.  Is it for Apple/iPad users or something?  This is the first I've heard anything about it.

I would think a dashboard would be a welcome addition to the EN universe!

Meanwhile, Dropbox has come out with Carousel, which just makes for a more gallery-specific use case within Dropbox. Still, they've filtered photos for us for quite some time... but then again, Dropbox is not Evernote and Evernote is not Dropbox... and Evernote has been clear that they are not not aiming at being a storage and/ or backup service.  

Meanwhile, Dropbox has come out with Carousel, which just makes for a more gallery-specific use case within Dropbox. Still, they've filtered photos for us for quite some time... but then again, Dropbox is not Evernote and Evernote is not Dropbox... and Evernote has been clear that they are not not aiming at being a storage and/ or backup service.  

A dashboard isn't a storage or backup service, is it?

Nope... But it may very well open the floodgates if Evernote made viewing images more convenient. Images are generally data heavy... and Evernote starts struggling with large account sizes, as documented by numerous power users. Flickr is a better option currently. Heartbreaking, I know.

• Level 5*

Cheap version would be to tag all you pictures Picture or the like and then view them in Card view hitting F10 to get rid of the left panel.  If you want your pictures in EN.  FWIW.

Nope... But it may very well open the floodgates if Evernote made viewing images more convenient. Images are generally data heavy... and Evernote starts struggling with large account sizes, as documented by numerous power users. Flickr is a better option currently. Heartbreaking, I know.

Ok.

Cheap version would be to tag all you pictures Picture or the like and then view them in Card view hitting F10 to get rid of the left panel.  If you want your pictures in EN.  FWIW.

First, I'd have to learn to take pictures that weren't blurry!

Archived