How can I hide or remove Recent Notebooks?

Dori S

I would like to remove or hide the Recent Notebooks section in the sidebar on Evernote Web (or Beta). I would even be happier if I could just put it below my list of notebooks. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks so much!

• Level 5

Create a Stack and move the notebooks to the stack.

https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23530443

Also, reconsider if all those notebooks are really necessary. Some power users only have a few notebooks with broad subjects (Work, Home, Finance, Leisure, Miscellaneous). They let tags and the titles handle the more detailed subjects.

For example, here is a helpful article written by Christopher Mayo.

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=437

Thanks for the reply. I do use stacks, which is part of the reason the Recent Notebooks is annoying. I know where I want to go because my notebooks are in stacks... therefore, the Recent Notebooks is in the way.

I think I could make better use of tags... I'll look into that. But even so, when I open the web version, I have to scroll down to the tags section, partly because the Recent Notebooks section is taking up space that I have to scroll past. I very much dislike scrolling.  :rolleyes:

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Agreed! when using Stacks this can become a confusing sight. Especially if your workflow has one or two notebooks not it stacks and everything else in them.  Always have that "Oh shoot, whats this doing here thought"

• 2 months later...

If you dont want to take out the feature then at least give the option to turn it off.  It's just clutter because, I know where my stuff is and this just confuses me and slows my workflow by having consider these out of place items. 

It really is the most confusing thing when this is not how you run your workflow. This feature is actually preventing me from using Evernote, because Everytime I login it feels cluttered and unorganized when this is the exact opposite reason I paid for Evernote. Such an easy fix too, to just add an option and hide it.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hello,  as mentioned by Cold Case Research Group, hiding the recent notebook is easy and doable in the desktop version of evernote. go to 

tools> options> check the "show advanced options" > navigation>  set "maximum no of recent books " to 0.

Dear evernote, If this is reaching to you, kindly add the feature to remove/ hide recent notebooks in android version. It is really annoying and frustrating when you open up the app and  stuff pops up which you dont want to see at the moment . or gets accidentally displayed  to someone else while working with them. Not only this breaks your work flow but adds embarrassment to your product.  "its a simple feature" does not take long to code!  On the side note, you are loosing market because you dont listen to your customers. Not a good thing!

sincerely

Frustrated and unhappy evernote user.

• 1 month later...

It is appreciated from "Cold Case Research Group" and "Chinmay", but it the most recent version of Evernote, this "adjustment" is not available anymore. 

So I wanted to post my vote to the Evernote team (I spoke with someone via chat and submitted a ticket) and they told me that it was only possible when hiding the shortcuts.   I love shortcuts and use them all the time, but like everyone else, I use stacks and tags and the "Recent Notes" feature is just noise and extra that I do not wish to be in the sidebar.  It messes with my workflow! 

In the past, as mentioned above, you could actually remove "Recent Notes" as a sidebar option, but that is no longer removable. 

+1 to re-enabling the ability to hide "Recent Notes"!   Open a ticket or post to the forums if you feel the same!

no-recent-notes.png

• Level 5*
On 5/10/2017 at 11:12 PM, Cold Case Research Group said:

It's actually quite simple to hide the recent notebooks.  Go to Tools>Options.  In the lower left hand portion of the options screen there should be a box to check  to Show Advanced Options.  Check the box and then when the new options show up, set the Maximum Number of Recent Notebooks to 0.

On 2/6/2018 at 10:32 PM, Chinmay said:

Hello,  as mentioned by Cold Case Research Group, hiding the recent notebook is easy and doable in the desktop version of evernote. go to 

31 minutes ago, Greg Jewett said:

It is appreciated from "Cold Case Research Group" and "Chinmay", but it the most recent version of Evernote, this "adjustment" is not available anymore. 

This forum / topic is specific to issues concerning the Evernote web client. There is no Tools / Options in the web client, so these posts are off topic.

• 4 months later...

Archived