Evernote for iOS v7.7.7 Released

cifip

Idea

• Level 5

Hi all,

We released Evernote for iOS 7.7.7 this afternoon, and it should be available to everyone in the App Store shortly.

This release was also focused on fixing bugs and reducing crashes around the camera, especially for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.

Notable bug fixes and improvements:

• Camera crash under certain conditions
  • Fix for "email sent" alert after canceling email my contact info when scanning a business card
  • Reduced likelihood of TouchID/Passcode being unintentionally disabled
  • Alert users that signing out of app will disable passcode
  • Improved error handling for notes that have exceeded the size limit
  • Fixed Apple Watch crash when changing checkbox state in a note with text existing before the checkbox
  • More reliable profile photo updating
  • Recently upgraded Plus and Premium users should no longer show as Basic users until app is relaunched
  • One security fix. See https://evernote.com/security/updates/#ios for more information.

You can download the Evernote for iOS app from the App Store.

As always, please let us know what you think.

Cheers!

PS: If you are running iOS 9 Beta and encounter issues, please leave feedback on this thread: iOS 9 - Main thread.

7 replies to this idea

Using iPad at 7.7.7, All notes displayed, click Reminder icon to display dated reminders, view an update a couple of reminders then going to another reminder/note the title does not match the note displayed and EN locks up.

"As always, please let us know what you think."

The bug in the search function that causes a search in the IOS version to display different results from the web and Windows versions has not been fixed.

The bug has been known about for years. Why won't Evernote fix the bug?  

I'm just curious... in Evernote for Android, you have the ability to write within the same note that you type... why is this not something that is in iOS? For myself, as a systems administrator,  that is perhaps one of the most powerful and useful features. While I know there is Penultimate, that is a separate app, with separate notes. And while I can move those notes into the same notebook, it isn't nearly the same thing. To be able to annotate a note that I typed, or to draw something and then type a note next to, above, or below to describe it more... that is perhaps the single most useful function to me. 

It leads to a larger question of differences in functionality across the platforms. From small ones, such as the iOS version missing the option to insert a line, which is present in the web and desktop versions, to larger issues like what I described above, it makes it difficult for me to use, and to recommend, Evernote as a tools for work. With Onenote for free, and the improvements coming in Notes for Mac, I would argue that it behooves to brilliant minds of the Evernote team to consider the cross-platform unification of functionality.

And to bring handwriting to Evernote in iOS!  :)

• Level 5

"As always, please let us know what you think."

The bug in the search function that causes a search in the IOS version to display different results from the web and Windows versions has not been fixed.

The bug has been known about for years. Why won't Evernote fix the bug?  

Hi,

Each OS has different list sort capabilities. We're reviewing the options to be able to be more in-line with MacOS sorting based on what's allowed within iOS for a future release.

Thanks,

Chuck

• Level 5

I'm just curious... in Evernote for Android, you have the ability to write within the same note that you type... why is this not something that is in iOS? For myself, as a systems administrator,  that is perhaps one of the most powerful and useful features. While I know there is Penultimate, that is a separate app, with separate notes. And while I can move those notes into the same notebook, it isn't nearly the same thing. To be able to annotate a note that I typed, or to draw something and then type a note next to, above, or below to describe it more... that is perhaps the single most useful function to me. 

It leads to a larger question of differences in functionality across the platforms. From small ones, such as the iOS version missing the option to insert a line, which is present in the web and desktop versions, to larger issues like what I described above, it makes it difficult for me to use, and to recommend, Evernote as a tools for work. With Onenote for free, and the improvements coming in Notes for Mac, I would argue that it behooves to brilliant minds of the Evernote team to consider the cross-platform unification of functionality.

And to bring handwriting to Evernote in iOS!  :)

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

In order to reduce feature bloat, we don't pull in all features into all clients. We may test a feature on one or more clients, and then -- based on usage and feedback as well as development and support costs and OS capabilities -- may consider adding the feature to other clients. We have done more cross-platform features lately, i.e. Work Chat and feature tiers.

Cheers,

Chuck

• Level 5*

Not sure "feature bloat" is the issue as much as an expectation of like primary features across platforms, mitigated to some extent by the individual platforms. 

Feature bloat, you got me there, a new one.  :)

New features are fine, but what I would really like is to finally be able to have a shortcut to insert a row into a table (MAC VERSION).    Hoping you will consider adding something similar to the Outlook Ribbon Toolbar allowing full customization for all features.  It's the small things in life  :)

Thanks!  :)

Archived