Hotkey to capture text formatting and paste on other text

In Microsoft Onenote you can highlight text that has formatting you want to use with other text items and by using "Ctrl+Sft+ C" you will capture the formating only. Now you can highlight other text and paste the formatting, making the text looking the same.

Is there a function similar in Evernote?

Bob

There's no easy way to say this...

"No."

If your writing is destined for export to another app - say, Adobe InDesign, you could write using markdown text, create a Word doc. from your note, and either through a Word conversion process where you tell InDesign how to import your data from Word (automating character and paragraph styles) or alternatively running some Find/Change queries set up for the purpose of changing any font size and style to the desired end styles you want, it might more than serve the purpose for select use cases. This process lends itself to an end result that renders exactly what one envisioned.

Just a thought. I know this is a very particular use case, which can be initially written even in a text file... But if you're curious and it might be something any forum readers here are interested in, I could expand on the process at a later time. Then there's the use of PhraseExpress and like software which facilitates in the markdown writing process. Along similar lines, there are some very elegant solutions for converting markdown text to Word docs.

"No"

You got that exactly right. I was looking for a yes or a no. Now I see that I will have to create a macro, Macro Express, that will accomplish this for me. Thank you for the help.
Bob

PS I went to the site and started to read. Can you tell me in a couple sentences what direction that site takes you.  It does seem to be talking about me.

Aaah! That's just me, shamelessly promoting my musings about certain productivity-related topics. Nothing related to this particular thread. And although I write on occasion about Evernote, it's mostly just my tinkering with some decent productivity/ task-management apps. 

Now... related to the topic of this thread... have you tried markdown writing? That's a good way, at a later stage, to have your writing marked up into the heading/ body text, etc. paragraph styles you intended, quite effortlessly.  

• 1 month later...

Archived