Odd Start-up view behavior on Evernote

Titus

Whenever I open Evernote for the first time (e.g. after booting up), it always tries to scroll to the last note I created on another device (e.g. my Android phone). I want it to always show me the reminders (i.e. top of page) every time I start Evernote. 

How can i set that as the default? 

Thanks!

• Level 5*

I believe that the normal, default behavior of EN Win is to start with the last "view" in place when you quit the app.

So, if your Sort was "Date Updated" (or "Date Created") in descending order (last on top), then the last note updated/created for your account (regardless of the device, including web clippings) would be on top.

I don't know if this will work with Reminders or not, but you can quickly test/verify it.

Expand the Note list panel to show Reminders, and quit Evernote.

Then reopen Evernote, and hopefully the Reminders will be showing.

If that does not work, I don't know of any other method that would.

Good luck, and please let us know the results of your test.

• Level 5*

The above does work.  If you exit EN with reminders showing, when you come back you will be positioned in the first note below the reminder list.

I believe that the normal, default behavior of EN Win is to start with the last "view" in place when you quit the app.

So, if your Sort was "Date Updated" (or "Date Created") in descending order (last on top), then the last note updated/created for your account (regardless of the device, including web clippings) would be on top.

I don't know if this will work with Reminders or not, but you can quickly test/verify it.

Expand the Note list panel to show Reminders, and quit Evernote.

Then reopen Evernote, and hopefully the Reminders will be showing.

If that does not work, I don't know of any other method that would.

Good luck, and please let us know the results of your test.

it didn't work for me. Let me clarify my issue:

1. I click on a reminder (top of checklist) that was created last year.

2. I close Evernote.

3. I open Evernote again, and I see the note of the Reminder being displayed (which means that the scrollbar is all the way at the bottom, since the reminder was created last year).

I want to see my Reminder checklist, not the note itself (which might be very recent or very old). It is annoying that I have to scroll up/hit Home to go back up to my checklist.

Any idea how that can become the default?

• Level 5*

If you just click on All Notes and then exit (don't click on any of the notes), when you return you will be positioned at the first note below your reminder list.  If you have a bunch of open reminders you will have to page up to get to the top of the list. 

I don't know of any way to change that default behavior.  Workaround would be to pin a saved search on the shortcut bar or use a text expander hot key to cause a search for all open reminders.  That way, no matter how you exited EN, or where you are in EN, one click or a hot key gets you where you want to be.  FWIW.

Archived