Oh, no, not another bloody SEARCH question....

lometogo

Running EN 5.8.6.7519 on Win 7 Premium desktop - Premium EN customer

Not sure tech support reads this forum, or is there a better way to get this to them.

Here's my problem: date search is singularly unpredictable and not at all useful the way it performs for me. 

Here's my general input format: "created:20150501-20150510" or "created:20150601" to give me results for a single day or date range. 

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't with no discernible reason.

I'm guessing this is a bug, or is it something I am doing wrong?

Thanks

• Level 5*

I don't know if Evernote Tech Support reads this forum, or this particular thread, but reportedly someone from Evernote reads most/all of the posts.  I make no such assumptions.

If you want to connect directly with Evernote Support, you can use Twitter.

Since Evernote now is providing official support to all users via Twitter, you might post your issue on Twitter @evernotehelps.  It might also be good to include a link back to your post here.

Running EN 5.8.6.7519 on Win 7 Premium desktop - Premium EN customer

Not sure tech support reads this forum, or is there a better way to get this to them.

Here's my problem: date search is singularly unpredictable and not at all useful the way it performs for me. 

Here's my general input format: "created:20150501-20150510" or "created:20150601" to give me results for a single day or date range. 

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't with no discernible reason.

I'm guessing this is a bug, or is it something I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Your syntax is almost there, @lometogo!  To search for notes created within a specific date range:

"created:20150501 -created:20150510"

will find all notes created since 1 May and before 10 May 2015.  For more information, see the Evernote Search Grammar.

If you haven't already done so, I find it handy to turn on "View/Show Search Explanation" (or CTRL-F10), which will appear in the centre panel (see below).

EN%20search%20explanation%20%282015-06-1

Archived