Why do I get non-breaking spaces in (some of) my notes?

When I copy some text from Evernote to Word (or Pages, for that matter), the spaces come over as non-breaking spaces, which of course screws everything up.  It, of course, only happens on some notes, but I can't for the life of me figure out why this is going on.  I haven't been able to find any preference settings or understand why it only happens on some notes; is there any advice out there?  Thanks!

• Level 5*

AFAIK, EN Mac does not convert to, or add, non-breaking spaces.

The text you refer to most likely comes from a web page that you have clipped or copied into Evernote.

One solution is to choose the "Paste and match format" when you paste into Word.

If that does not work, you could try the "Paste as text" option, which should remove all HTML formatting.

• 4 months later...

I have repeatedly had the same problem - as late as just two minutes ago. For me it's more like a feature than a bug these days.

It doesn't seem related to importing text from outside of Evernote – I'm getting it when I cut-and-paste my original notes from Evernote to other services or software. The problem persists even when moving the text via Textedit and removing all formatting.

Needless to say, it's really frustrating. (There, I said it anyway.) Any luck with your support-ticket, Jim?

Archived