Tags - "Must be unique name"

Hello.

When I try to tag a note in my business account, I get the message "Must be a unique name." However, if I go to the web version, I am able to use the same tag I was trying to use in the app version.

Help?

Thanks,

Tom

post-242274-0-17396600-1434043689_thumb.

• Level 5*

Need some more details:

1. Which client is showing the message?  Windows, Mac, ...?
  2. Which web client, old or new? (If you're not sure: click on Account in the lower left; if it says, "Leave beta", it's the new one)
  3. Are you saying this is a tag that already exists in the business account, or a new tag that doesn't yet exist?
  4. If you go to the business' Admin Console and look at the Tags page, is this tag listed?  If so, what's the number shown just to the right of it?

Thanks for replying.

1. Mac (Macbook Pro)
  2. The new one (It says "leave beta")
  3. The tag already exists. I'm not sure how to tell in which account the tag exists.
  4. I'm not sure where the business Amin Console. My Business and Personal notes/accounts seem to be co-mingled. In the lower left console I see both Business Notes and Personal Notes. When I click on tags, I am able to find the tag I was trying to use. the number 15 is just to the right. When I try to use that tag in a business note, I het the same pop up, and then I am not not allowed to use that tag.

Thank you again for your help.

• Level 5*

Re 3:

How to tell in the Mac client whether it's a Personal or Business tag: in the Tags list (i.e. clicking Tags in the lefthand pane), there's a dropdown in the upper right corner that lets you toggle between viewing Personal and Business tags.

Re. 4:

How to get to the Admin Console via the Mac client:

Access the Help menu; select "Go to Admin Console..."

Once you're there, you'll see a "Tags" entry in the lefthand pane.  That will take you to a list of all Business tags.  The number after each tag is the number of notes currently tagged with that Tag.

• 2 weeks later...

hey tom,

i  was having the same problem. then i figured out that someone who shared his notebook with me was having same 'tag' name, thats why it is asking for a new unique name.

i removed that notebook and now i can successfully tag anything.

evernote should display inside the tags, the name of notebook, article is related to.

tell me if you have another remedy, to work with the friend's notebook and tagging his 'tag name' simultaneously.

Archived