App Suggestion Needed: Readability for Evernote Notes?

Hi folks -

I'm looking for a "Readability for Evernote Notes" iPad app

Do you have any recommendations for apps to make reading long-form notes in Evernote easier? 

The EN iPad app does not let one adjust font size without affecting the underlying note, and I prefer a large font for reading. Ability to easily somehow mark notes as 'already read' (e.g. by tag or notebook) would be nice but not required.

I'm new to this forum but not to EN - I searched around but most results revolve around getting content into EN not around making existing content easier to read.

Thanks for any advice,
Ryan

May not help much, but try double tapping in the note body.

Thanks - yes I do double-tap on the note body, but this still results in text that is too small to read comfortably. 

I wish the iPad app had Clearly built into it. Short of that I'm hoping that somebody has a brilliant app suggestion.

I often send documents to Kindle to read on my phone or ipad.

You don't need to own a kindle to do this. Just download the ipad app and look at the instructions for Kindle Personal Documents Service. Kindle lets you adjust the type size, the background, etc. 

You won't be able to edit the document, but it makes reading a lot easier. 

Thanks - this is one of the options I've considered. 

I do own a Kindle and love it as a reading device, but I really like the searchability of Evernote combined with how easy it is to get content into it. 

It would be unfortunate to read something on the Kindle and then think of it weeks later and not be able to turn to EN for easy searchability.

Do you manage your "read it later" list this way?

I usually use Instapaper for articles I want to save and read later. Instapaper allows you to send a digest of up to 20 articles to Kindle. I used to save a lot of articles in Evernote, but I ended up with piles of articles I didn't read. 

I usually use Instapaper for articles I want to save and read later. Instapaper allows you to send a digest of up to 20 articles to Kindle. I used to save a lot of articles in Evernote, but I ended up with piles of articles I didn't read. 

Thanks - this is the conclusion I've come to as well - that nothing really exists to make reading long-form content stored in Evernote easier. Maybe I should dust off my app skills :)

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I don't know if you ever got round to writing something for this Ryan (I realise this thread is quite old now), but for exactly the reasons you mentioned (searchability), as well as simply to just have all my stuff in one place, I recently did something similar which might be of interest:

EverReader - http://everreader.azurewebsites.net/

It's still a work in progress, but hopefully useful to some other people.

Archived