(Archived) Done with EverNote3

I try launching EverNote3 on my "main" desktop PC, and every time, I get the following (cryptic) error:

---------------------------

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Evernote\Evernote3\Evernote.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information.

OK

AppName: evernote.exe AppVer: 3.0.0.509 ModName: ritescript.dll

ModVer: 1.2.38.0 Offset: 00081b4a

Repair, remove & reinstall, and reboot do nothing to fix it.

From my own past Beta testing experience, I can pretty much promise that the EN Team is going to be all over you Monday to have you excerpt some system log files so they can see what happened.

Congratulations, you are a successful Beta Tester (you successfully found a boo-boo in the EN 3.0 Beta code). I have found and reported about eight fatal abort conditions, but I think your find trumps mine (I'm jealous. :mrgreen: ) At this point in the Tour de EverNote 3.0 Beta, you have the yellow jersey.

post-1824-131906061583_thumb.jpg

(and I think I have the green jersey so far). :(

I wonder if we can get big copies of the new elephant logo. I want a Beta tester tee shirt. :)

Deleting my downloaded ENbase (err... Notebook!) and relaunching fixed it. Now, of course, I have to wait 30 minutes for it to download my notebook. :(

I take it this means you managed to corrupt your local copy of your EN 3.0 Beta notebook. Do you have any idea how you did so?

Deleting my downloaded ENbase (err... Notebook!) and relaunching fixed it. Now, of course, I have to wait 30 minutes for it to download my notebook. :(

We at Evernote would be happy to peek at your corrupted database to understands the reasons. If you can arrange this, PM me.

Deleting my downloaded ENbase (err... Notebook!) and relaunching fixed it. Now, of course, I have to wait 30 minutes for it to download my notebook. :)

We at Evernote would be happy to peek at your corrupted database to understands the reasons. If you can arrange this, PM me.

Hey Drew!

Told 'ya so! 8) (BTW, yes, it is Monday in Moscow, Russia). :(

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

I have the same error message here. My system is win XP SP2. The everynote.exe has the version 3.0.0.550.

It works normal on my home System (XP Home). Then I copied the everynote programm files folder to my USB-Stick an took it to an other PC. There I can start EN, but if I enter my login information and press OK - it shows the described error message.

I don´t know how to delete the "EN database", what seems to be a suggestion. What file do I have to delete/rename to do so?

Greetings

Woko

Hi there,

I have the same error message here. My system is win XP SP2. The everynote.exe has the version 3.0.0.550.

It works normal on my home System (XP Home). Then I copied the everynote programm files folder to my USB-Stick an took it to an other PC. There I can start EN, but if I enter my login information and press OK - it shows the described error message.

I don´t know how to delete the "EN database", what seems to be a suggestion. What file do I have to delete/rename to do so?

Greetings

Woko

On the computer where the error occurs, can you please look if you have the folder C:\My Evernote Files\ (assuming you put Evernote files onto the drive C:)? If it does, is there inside the file .exb? What is the size of this file?

Try to remove this file and run Evernote again. If the problem persists, delete the Evernote program files folder whch you created manually, and run the full installation of Evernote 3.0.0.550 (as copying Evernote files onto another computer is forcing Evernote to run in Portable mode).

Heya,

I put the EN folder on a drive, where I only have write access on a single folder deep in the folder structure (workstation in the office, simple user - no admin). So I can only create files right in the folder where the EN program folder was pasted in.

There is no "C:\My Evernote Files\" or in my case "D:\My Evernote Files\".

But then I run EN directly from my USB-Stick (FAT32, no permission restrictions) and it works!

It seems, that the reported error message occurs, if it is not possible to create the database folder in the root of the hard disk drive.

HTH

Greetings

Woko

Archived