Evernote Clipper for Outlook

bkinnard

Idea

The previous add-on for Outlook allowed you to select multiple emails and send them  all to Evernote as separate notes. The new Evernote clipper now forces you to go into each email individully and send to Evernote. Am I missing something here?

99 replies to this idea

Hi all and thanks for the feedback. We will work to bring back batch email clipping as soon as we can. 

Well it is now the end of September and the functionality has not been added back. I updated to the latest EN 5.9.... thinking that surely EN would have responded to it's users. How disappointing & enraging!

So the developers decide to remove a feature based on how THEY work. When the users report that is not what we want, we get no results. Sure a weak response that 'we are looking into restoring'. Geez - you've got the code - it's not like you have to re-invent the wheel! When will the functionality be restored?

OS Win 7, Outlook 2010

All, a solution for this was discuss early on.  I simply un-installed the "upgraded" version and re-installed 5.8.6.  When Evernote decides to listen to its customers and restore the functionality they deliberately broke, I'll upgrade again.

Note to Evernote management: the longer this functionality remains broken, the more time I have to investigate alternate solutions (read: OneNote).  One of the big reasons I opted for Evernote a while back was hand-writing support.  This email fiasco prompted me to look at OneNote again and I learned that it now supports handwriting on my Android tablet.

Will Evernote commit to a schedule to fix this or should I continue to look at other solutions?

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  There's a problem with the Outlook clippers,  though mine is working in 2013 - just can't clip multiple emails.  I'd suggest a support request - Basic users don't get email support,  (except for bug reports,  or payment / account access issues)  but if you're Plus or Premium submit a request by choosing the appropriate option in the first dropdown after logging in here > https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

All users can contact Twitter @Evernotehelps

In either case include the forum thread URL for extra background.

Premium / Business users also have access to a Chat option (7am-7pm PST weekdays) - click 'continue' on the support page after logging in.

• Level 5*

DoubleDoh! I use OneDrive for stuff - I do have a Google Drive account.. probably.. but which account that's connected to...  I may have to go lie down somewhere!  (Sorry - busy day;  lots of incident;  still not finished...  need sleeeep....).  :wacko:

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  I couldn't make it work yet - it didn't grab an existing email that I labelled appropriately,  and it ignored an email I sent to myself.. but there's a Doh! probably coming later - I have two gmail accounts and I think my OneDrive is connected with the 'wrong' account.  OK that's at the bottom of the 'to do' pile for a bit.  Looks good,  but only caveat would be:  check which OneDrive account you use! 

Hey everyone, I believe someone has made a solution that gives a great workaround without having to surrender access to a 3rd party.  It's a script in a Google spreadsheet that leverages the email to Evernote functionality.  It's not quite as easy as the Outlook plugin was before, but I've had great success with it so far.  The script is all open source (e.g. viewable) and I did not see any malicious looking functionality in it (to see it, go to Tools > Script editor after you've copied the spreadsheet into your Google Drive).

The only drawback is that I believe this will only work for your gmail or Google apps hosted email addresses.

Here's the link: http://www.labnol.org/?p=28829

What do you think?

Ditto to needing the batch import back. This was critical to my using Evernote for Getting Things Done/The Secret Weapon. Combined with autohotkey to put the proper tags in after clipping, it was indispensable to my day.  Unfortunately, the forwarding a bunch of email method just means one more touch 

Thank you for your quick response.

Yes, I can edit the title but not the content of the email.

As fas as moving a bunch of email to Evernote, I prefer to organize emails in folders in Outlook but this is obviously a matter of personal preference.

Thank you again and best regards.

• Level 5*

I use Outlook with Evernote Clipper.

I believe that in previous versions it was possible to edit the email in the popup windows before "committing" them to Evernote but it is no longer possible.

Maybe this is the wrong thread to ask but, as far as sending multiple email to Evernote is concerned, why do so many people need this functionality? What methodology are they using? Getting Things Done? Is it really helpful to have email in two different systems (Outlook and Evernote)? Apart from that searching items in Evernote is far better that in Outlook, I cannot see the point of doing so.

I use to move actionable email to Evernote, but this does not require importing many emails.

Thank you in advance for any suggestion on this topic!

When you say "edit the email" are you referring to the content,  or to the title of the note?  I'm using the new clipper and I routinely change the title to fit my standard format.  I haven't tried changing the message body,  because I simply want a copy of the actual email to add to my 'thread' on that topic.

I'm one of those missing multiple copies,  because I get between 30 and 100 emails per day,  quite a few of which I want to clip and assign to various client or project threads.  Doing that one email at a time is repetitive and inefficient.

I use Outlook with Evernote Clipper.

I believe that in previous versions it was possible to edit the email in the popup windows before "committing" them to Evernote but it is no longer possible.

Maybe this is the wrong thread to ask but, as far as sending multiple email to Evernote is concerned, why do so many people need this functionality? What methodology are they using? Getting Things Done? Is it really helpful to have email in two different systems (Outlook and Evernote)? Apart from that searching items in Evernote is far better that in Outlook, I cannot see the point of doing so.

I use to move actionable email to Evernote, but this does not require importing many emails.

Thank you in advance for any suggestion on this topic!

This elimination sucks.  To take a capability away (multiple clipper capability) is down right silly and is actually driving me to look at other products, like one note.  The longer I have to struggle, one note or email at a time the more aggravated I get at evernote.

Sadly, it's not workable to use an Outlook rule. Of my 38 messages only 9 went to evernote. I watched the outbox when I ran the rule. Worse, the messages that succeeded were random in the folder. No easy way to find and resend the others. I'll have to use the clipper after all. : (( 

Chitara: I'm having a problem with my system. Say I have 38 messages in my Forward to Evernote folder. After I run the rule, I don't find all the messages in EN. I don't know why some of them fail. I don't get an error message either. This is an Outlook error. I'm going to test it a bit.

@Chitara: You have to create the folder and make the rule for the empty folder. Sometimes I have to delete the rule and create it again.  Instructions are here http://superuser.com/questions/214622/best-way-to-forward-a-collection-of-emails-from-outlookand here http://email.about.com/od/outlooktips/qt/et_forward_fold.htm, Both seem to be the same instructions.

davidhchan: Yes, I'd like put one or more tags on while clipping. : ( 

I do like that the cursor starts at the beginning of the subject line. I typically put a date there anyway, such at YY.MM.DD so I can sort on names and see what is scheduled for today or beyond.

However, not being able to tab to the tag field or then to send the note to evernote just by hitting enter without adding another tag is not pleasant.

Being able to quickly put multiple tags is on clipped email is crucial. Can this also be considered as well as clipping multiple email too,

Yes... the new Outlook clipper is MUCH slower than the old version. Also entering multiple tags in the new clipper require both mouse keyboard clicks, whereas in the old version I used type a tag, the clipper autocompletes it, I hit enter, and I immediately can start typing another tag. The new one requires typing a tag, then clicking with the mouse the tags field again before being able to type another tag!! much much worse way

I don't get where is the advancement of the new clipper? 

Evernote, please bring back the old clipper which worked a lot better than this one

I just registered to the forum to comment explicitly on the design of the new Outlook clipper. I've been a premium member for 6 months. The new clipper design is too slow, as others have said. My machine is running 32 bit Windows 7 with Outlook 2010. To start the clipper takes 25-30 seconds before the dialog box loads completely, another 5-10 to "Save". This is unreasonable.

Please bring back batch export.

Please offer a settings option to disable the dialog box.

OR just bring back the old clipper which worked fine.

People on this thread are recommending downloading older versions, posting work-arounds, and are jumping ship entirely to competitors. This is a big issue, which should be easy to fix.

Thank you.

Hi

I just uploaded the Evernote update about 5 minutes ago and my Outlook clipper is still not working.  I upgraded to Plus for the sole reason of retaining this feature.  I have read the previous posts and tried the suggestions - yet I've still been unsuccessful.  Any additional tips? 

Is there another email client with a plugin that still allows batch export of emails to EN?

The problem is not the email client but the evernote plugin that was changed. I don't think changing to a different email client would help.

What I meant was is there another client that has a plugin that still allows batch export?

I'm not sure. But what you can do is download an older version of evernote that has the plugin with batch export. That's what I did. 

Go back to the first page where the EN employee notes that they are looking at reinstating the functionality of batch export. The meaning is that batch export was INTENTIONALLY removed. The reasoning is that they want to focus on single threads - whatever that means....

Go to Filehippo and download an older version of EN to have the ability of Outlook batch export. You will have to uninstall your current version to install the old one.

Is there another email client with a plugin that still allows batch export of emails to EN?

The problem is not the email client but the evernote plugin that was changed. I don't think changing to a different email client would help.

What I meant was is there another client that has a plugin that still allows batch export?

I'm not sure. But what you can do is download an older version of evernote that has the plugin with batch export. That's what I did. 

Don't hold your breath, create your own solution - this post has been here for a while...

I'm stuck with the old version -- I've tried multiple times and failed to cut the cord from Evernote, but I'm still paying premium because my data is here....

• Level 5*
On 02/04/2016 at 8:42 AM, calendulo said:

Hi Guys, I will be using outlook at my new job. I would like to keep using Evernote, the problem is the info I handle are very sensitive so I will disable the synch and block the Evernote client to access the Internet. My question is, will the Save to Evernote Clipper in Outlook work as well as it should be?

Another way to put it: this addon sends emails through internet to my evernote account OR it works locally even if the connection is turned off?

Thank you very much!

Hi.  The Outlook Clipper can send emails directly to your local database file but that may be affected by Browser Clipper settings - there's an option in my Clipper 6.1 for Firefox settings to send either to the web,  or to the local disk.  YMMV depending on what OS and version of Clipper you install.  You will also have the problem that Evernote requires some kind of web access to install and register,  though you can bock that later.  If you then sign out of Evernote you'll need web access to sign back in...

Would it be acceptable to your employer to set up Local Notebooks for your work-related notes?  You'll find allowing Evernote to have some web access but keeping most of your notes offline much easier to manage.  You may also wish to trial the system for a while before a 100% commitment - without web access you'll lose a lot of the features that make Evernote really effective...

Hi Guys, I will be using outlook at my new job. I would like to keep using Evernote, the problem is the info I handle are very sensitive so I will disable the synch and block the Evernote client to access the Internet. My question is, will the Save to Evernote Clipper in Outlook work as well as it should be?

Another way to put it: this addon sends emails through internet to my evernote account OR it works locally even if the connection is turned off?

Thank you very much!

found my work around, disregard.

I have to create new shortcuts - and instead of defining notebook:"" and any:"" in my search string, I use the drop downs in the search explanation.

Then save that search, then add that to shortcuts.

Thanks Evernote!

20 minutes ago, KillestP said:

I am happy that multiple email clipping is back in evernote - can confirm!

However; it broke my advanced search shortcuts... which i used for quick sorting my spam email:

notebook:"Actions Pending" any:"From: Esri Education""From: Ventev Wireless""From: Cloudian Events"

etc... etc... anyone know a work around?

More specifically, i can't scope down to notebook or the "any vs all" scope modifier on the search line anymore... none of these work

1. notebook:"notebook name"
  2. all:"string"
  3. any:"string"

I am happy that multiple email clipping is back in evernote - can confirm!

However; it broke my advanced search shortcuts... which i used for quick sorting my spam email:

notebook:"Actions Pending" any:"From: Esri Education""From: Ventev Wireless""From: Cloudian Events"

etc... etc... anyone know a work around?

25 minutes ago, rubenb said:

Outlook Clipper comes with the Evernote for Windows. The button in Outlook says "Save to Evernote"

I tried version Evernote for Windows 5.9.9.9915 and I was able to select multiple emails in Outlook 2016 and then clip them.

Well HALLELUJAH!!!! I just updated to Evernote 5.9.9.9915 based on the above response citing the new version. IT WORKS!!! I'm not sure what else was changed with this new version but this functionality for clipping multiple Outlook emails is back!!!! 

On 3/21/2016 at 11:43 PM, Everet C said:

I'm a bit confused. I run Outlook 2016. I select multiple emails, the Add-In is greyed out.

What is the "Outlook Clipper?" 

Outlook Clipper comes with the Evernote for Windows. The button in Outlook says "Save to Evernote"

I tried version Evernote for Windows 5.9.9.9915 and I was able to select multiple emails in Outlook 2016 and then clip them.

On 3/17/2016 at 7:00 PM, Everet C said:

Could someone from Evernote let us know if the ability to save multiple emails to Evernote via the clipper is going to come back?
Is it possible to use the old clipper with the newer versions of Evernote?

Frankly, I'm frustrated that it is being ignored. Getting a straight up answer as to whether or not it will be coming back would at least let me know if I need to spend time developing my own workaround.

You can select and save multiple emails with Outlook Clipper. 

The new Evernote for Outlook add-in doesn't have this functionality, because the Outlook platform doesn't offer this to add-in developers.

Could someone from Evernote let us know if the ability to save multiple emails to Evernote via the clipper is going to come back?
Is it possible to use the old clipper with the newer versions of Evernote?

Frankly, I'm frustrated that it is being ignored. Getting a straight up answer as to whether or not it will be coming back would at least let me know if I need to spend time developing my own workaround.

Anyone with the following problems:

1. Clip an email and you get two copies - email repeated within the same 'note'.

2. Clip an email without expanding to view the email e.g. within the 'inbox' without openning the email. - causes errors

either won't save or if it saves the attachments are corrupt (if there are attachments) or message truncated.

For those using Microsoft Office 365: there is a functional workaround (to the disastrous loss of functionality introduced when Evernote blithely neutered their Outlook Clipper Add-in Tool) 

...in other words, how to (somewhat quickly) transfer multiple emails into Evernote, keeping them separate and titled by email subject line. (Something Evernote USED to do quite gracefully.)

Export emails (in bulk) to OneNote (ON), then, in Evernote, import from OneNote. Viola!

1) In OneNote: create a notebook called "EN" (Leave ON Open)

2) In Outlook: Highlight the emails, click "Send to OneNote" button in the toolbar.  

3) Choose the EN notebook from the popup screen. Watch the emails populate ON. Leave ON open.

4) In Evernote: File ->Import -> Microsoft OneNote

5) Check the notebook box "EN"

6) Click OK...emails will be imported to EN

7) Check bottom of Evernote Notebook list for new entries, highlight notes and move them to notebooks as needed, delete temporary Evernote Notebook.

8) In OneNote: delete the notes and close OneNote program.

This will work until the EN wizards figure out how to recapture the magic possessed by their ancestors.

-Gargling Sand

I could not agree more with everyone on this thread.  This is a MAJOR step backwards.  It would not be nearly as bad if the clipper remembered your previous "save" but you have to select the notebook and tag each time. For me it's now useless for multiple emails because it takes too much time and effort.  I hope Evernote corrects this soon. 

Premium User. 

I've had whole OneNote notebooks get corrupted with so much information lost it wasn't worth using the notebook again. When I turn to OneNote, I immediately export a pdf and a package in the hope that I can get the information again. 

So I use Evernote. Once I lost all my tags and I quit using it for six months. But I didn't lose the notes.

Not happy about the new clipper, but I've adjusted. I don't expect multi email clipping to return; if it does I'll be overjoyed.

Outlook disables my clipper every few starts. I just re-enable it and carry on.

• Level 5*

There's more than one way to add emails to Evernote - drag-n-drop / copy & paste / email forwarding...  The Outlook crashing issue has affected quite a few people so it should get looked at in updates reasonably soon - submit your own support request (see the Help Center link in my sig) to get assistance and to add to the 'official' report stats - the more folk that report it, the more likely it is to get moved up the timetable for fixes.  If using a workaround is impossible,  you could consider going back to 5.8.6.

So, i had those problems (lousy search function, losing things in sync process) in OneNote which i now sort of still use but only as an archive, not for actively changing materials.

But then when i installed the Evernote clipper into my Outlook 2013, it crashed the Outlook and outlook disabled it.

So, what would YOU do?

Thanks.

Martha

It is touching and frustrating to hear people talk about migrating from Evernote to OneNote.  I am going in the other direction.  I massively organized a whole lot of projects on Evernote and then found a variety of problems, the most serious of which are:

1. the search function does not dig all that deeply
  2. really serioius, if you are using several devices and you sync, and something has been moved or changed, you lose additions made on one device and there is no way to get them back.  The only solution to this is to constantly create offline backups on external drives, relentlessly, or you will be at risk of losing valuable material.

W.

All, a solution for this was discuss early on.  I simply un-installed the "upgraded" version and re-installed 5.8.6.  When Evernote decides to listen to its customers and restore the functionality they deliberately broke, I'll upgrade again.

Note to Evernote management: the longer this functionality remains broken, the more time I have to investigate alternate solutions (read: OneNote).  One of the big reasons I opted for Evernote a while back was hand-writing support.  This email fiasco prompted me to look at OneNote again and I learned that it now supports handwriting on my Android tablet.

Will Evernote commit to a schedule to fix this or should I continue to look at other solutions?

I received the following from Dave Z. of Evernote Help & Learning in response to a definite date for the reinstatement of the ability to select multiple emails in Outlook to send to Evernote. It is telling that the 'growing concern' of other users seems to play into the decision process of when to allocate resources to accomplish the task. Perhaps if everyone contacted EN with their frustration, concern, & desire to have this feature it might get moved up in the priority list.

However, I have loaded my copy of OneNote & have scheduled some time for another evaluation of it & the potential effort and success of a conversion from Evernote. Working with Evernote on this is like dealing with a 13 year old and their homework - constant follow up. I need to understand if it is worth it....

Dave Z. (Evernote Help and Learning)

Oct 5, 17:11

I really would like to give you an exact date. However, at this point I am unable to do so. I will say that this has been a growing concern for many other users and I am hopeful that it will help get it added back quickly.

Thanks.

Dave Z.

I'm adding my voice to the general frustration. I need unrestricted multiple email clipping. Please at least give us an indication of when it will be coming back! Like Betnel, I assumed it would be fixed in this latest upgrade, but no.

I do like that the cursor starts at the beginning of the subject line. I typically put a date there anyway, such at YY.MM.DD so I can sort on names and see what is scheduled for today or beyond.

However, not being able to tab to the tag field or then to send the note to evernote just by hitting enter without adding another tag is not pleasant.

Like the new look of the clipper, but that's so far the only positive addition I've found. Tagging is painfully slow and batching is gone. Nothing that hasn't been reported, but wanted to add my voice to the list.

Significant productivity downgrade with this upgrade.

I use evernote to keep tracked conversations and notes within projects. 100 emails a day and the new clipper makes something which was monotonous but worthwhile now very laborious.

If this is the place to make a request then please, a return to the old.

The new outlook plugin breaks productivity; tagging is slow and as others have mentioned you cannot batch add. Until this is fixed I guess I have to use Evernote version 5.8.6.7519. If this is not fixed I would have to search for another solution for my needs. Another thing on the new plugin is that it does not capture the email author name properly. In my opinion if something is not broken don't try to fix it. This was a very bad move by the designers and developers.

Best regards.

I want to my voice to this discussion. To repeat what others have said, it is a 'pain in the patooty' as I routinely save & tag 5 to 15 messages at a time. I am curious as to the end user advantage of limiting selection to one item at a time.

Please add me to the gravely concerned list.  I start my day by filing all email activity from the prior day and prioritizing today's to-do list.  That is virtually impossible to do one email at a time.  This will be a deal-breaker for me.  Evernote has many wonderful features, but this "breaks" a good many of them because it becomes unrealistic to get the information into Evernote.

I was really hoping this was just a bug on my machine (and made another question thread about it) but after reading this, it's apparently by design.

This is really disappointing. I send hundreds of emails to Evernote each day, and sending them one by one just won't cut it.

Evernote's ability to send multiple emails at once was one of the reasons I switched to it from OneNote in the first place. Now, irony of ironies, Microsoft has re-enabled OneNote's ability to send multiple emails and Evernote REMOVES the feature.

Evernote has changed the way I do business, and I love it, but this is a huge stumble. For me, it's a dealbreaker.

Does anyone know how I can downgrade to a previous (recent) version to restore this functionality? I couldn't find any links that worked. 

Most often when using the new outlook clipper, I get an undescribed error and cannot save the mail. So, I have gone back to sending by mail to EN as I do not want this double work every time.

Else, I liked that the new clipper add the e-mail adresses as well as the names. At least, when it works.

• Level 5*

How long untill this will be fixed??!!

Hi.

Unknown,  I'm afraid - the team are looking at it,  and a lot of users want the original usability back,  so it should be days or weeks rather than months or years - you could look into downgrading to a previous version if it's a major issue...

Finally, a change bad enough to get me to register with the forum!

Requiring the mouse instead of keyboard input is only part of the problem.

With the prior clipper I could add two or three tags to an email message, now it is painful to tag at all!

• Level 5*

No-one's tried this yet,  but I'd imagine you would have to uninstall your current version of Evernote and step back to 5.8.6 or earlier.  Proceed at your own risk,  and with copious backups...

Disappointed with the upgrade to the Send to Outlook clipper:

- the removal of the ability to select multiple messages is a blow (and a backwards step) and the once great feature of being able to be driven entirely from the keyboard has also been removed:

- accessing the three fields for 'Notebooks' 'Tags' and 'Remarks' requires one mouse move and

- it seems as if its only possible to save a message by clicking rather than any keyboard shortcut.

How do I remove the latest update to get this functionality back?

Agreed - I receive 200+ emails a day, many of which I need to retain for reference.  I move them into Evernote and link to projects/tasks/documention tags.  Limiting me to one email at a time makes this unworkable for me.

On a side note, the new clipper is working with no issue (other than the limit of one email) on my Windows 8.1 laptop.  It now generates an error on my Windows 7 machine.

• Level 5*

Agreed.  Bad design decision guys - if you're dealing with a bunch of emails and want to sort them into one or more appropriate notebooks,  being able to select a group and multiple-clip is rather important...

Edit:  and it used to work that way.

For now this is by design - the new UX is tailored to work on one thread / message and its associated attachments. Will look into adding support for multiple threads in the future. 

I don't often clip multiple emails, but today I had cause to do so and ended up on this thread. 

+1 for adding the multiple clip thing back but also...kudos on a very nice redesign. I really like the new interface and in that respect I prefer it over the previous version. 

Just yah, bring back the ability to clip more than one email at a time!

It's not just you. I thought about posting that the new clipper is s....l....o....w.

I know it is now. I've rolled back to the prior evernote and that clipper is fast, handy, efficient.

Once I click the green clip button in Outlook, I can type tags in the tag window and hit enter between tags. Hit enter again and the mail goes to my default notebook.

Tap the tab key and I can change the notebook and then send the mail to EN all from the keyboard without returning to the mouse.

If the update that returns batch mail doesn't make this work for keyboard users, I'll be ready to migrate my notes to another tool.

Help! How do I find the old version to revert to?

I downloaded Evernote 5.8.6.7519 from http://filehippo.com/.

Direct link: http://filehippo.com/download_evernote/61109/

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

It's not just you. I thought about posting that the new clipper is s....l....o....w.

I know it is now. I've rolled back to the prior evernote and that clipper is fast, handy, efficient.

Once I click the green clip button in Outlook, I can type tags in the tag window and hit enter between tags. Hit enter again and the mail goes to my default notebook.

Tap the tab key and I can change the notebook and then send the mail to EN all from the keyboard without returning to the mouse.

If the update that returns batch mail doesn't make this work for keyboard users, I'll be ready to migrate my notes to another tool.

Help! How do I find the old version to revert to?

Email batch add - add me to the group that ABSOLUTELY needs this functionality. I use Windows 8.1 and Android. Removing this functionality and the more than annoying EN focus on Apple based systems moves me 2 steps closer to transitioning to OneNote.

What are these techs thinking? Would it have been impossible for them to have asked users before removing such a key function?

I have a new habit for now. I created a folder called "Send to Evernote." I delete the junk, immediately reply to mail that needs it, and then I drag mail to my send to evernote folder.

When I'm ready to process in Evernote, I run a rule that forwards all the mail in that folder to evernote. Then I empty the folder into my all mail folder.

If you put mail in specific folders for filing, you can put copies in the send the evernote folder and delete them after you send them.

So I can send 40 emails to Evernote in one step.

So, you are not using the evernote clipper?.

You have a folder in outlook that send things to evernote?. I will try that next week.

I have a new habit for now. I created a folder called "Send to Evernote." I delete the junk, immediately reply to mail that needs it, and then I drag mail to my send to evernote folder.

When I'm ready to process in Evernote, I run a rule that forwards all the mail in that folder to evernote. Then I empty the folder into my all mail folder.

If you put mail in specific folders for filing, you can put copies in the send the evernote folder and delete them after you send them.

So I can send 40 emails to Evernote in one step.

Is it just me or does the new version of Evernote Clipper for Outlook run significantly more slowly than the previous version?

Is much slower. The other clipper sent the e-mail to evernote desktop client, and from there it was sent to the "evernote cloud". But now, It seems to upload the email to evernote cloud and to the desktop client simultaneously.

Bad move. I want fast rock solid evernote, not an "Eye Candy" evernote.

I really love evernote. Except for the fact that there is no linux client and regressions like this (mentioned en the topic).

I work with a bunch of e-mails, and the possibilty to select 40 emails at a time was really handy. I hope evernote team fixes this ASAP. Meanwhile I will be downgrading.

This finally got me to try OneNote. The Outlook send to OneNote is good, but I don't know how to set the tags and such I like about Evernote. There is some add on that makes it better, but I'd rather not mess with that.

For now, I send each email to EN with a tag called "outlook." Then I go to EN to tag, move, and organize.

It was rapid to do that with the old clipper, but finding a tag is too slow with the new one. 

For now this is by design - the new UX is tailored to work on one thread / message and its associated attachments. Will look into adding support for multiple threads in the future. 

luke-nooooooo.jpg?w=447

I *LIVED* by that multiple email import feature! 

Just FYI, I've received confirmation from Evernote that they are working on restoring the batch functionality.  No word yet on when it will be available, but I have asked to be notified when it's ready.

Howdy folks,

In addition to the batch issue is the new conversation threading.  I dislike having emails included in a conversation thread as action items have a tendancy to get lost in the list.  I turn this option off whenever I can, but the Outlook clipper does not let me disable threading.  I vote to go back to the previous interface, or at least give EN users the ability to change preferences to get the behavior that works for them.

Dean

Same as everyone else posting. In addition, for some reason my folder list is not in alphabetical order. I can't figure out how it's organized. I have hundreds of folders in several stacks and it's now near impossible to find the folder I'm looking for in order to "stash" my email. C'mon Evernote. You were doing such a good job.

Archived