Move document from note to another note.

• Level 5*

Sure. 

You can copy cut from one note and paste into the other. 

You can also open the destination note in its own window and then drag the attachment from the other note.  You have to delete the attachment from that note with this method.

Hello, thank you so much for your quick reply. I tried both of these ways to move my note and neither of them worked. I tried this in the Evernote Web version as well as the desktop version.

I have the basic version, do I need to upgrade my version in order to cut and paste or drag the document from one note to the other?

Thanks,

Laurie

• Level 5*

You don't need to upgrade to copy/paste attachments.  To be sure we are talking about the same steps, in Windows desktop version:

1. Go to the note that contains the document you want to move.
  2. Right click on the document and click on copy.
  3. Go to the note where you want to add the document.
  4. Position where you want it to be, right click and select paste

The document should now be in the second note, and still in the first for that matter.  If you follow the above steps it should work.  Does it?

Hello, 

Thank you so much for the step by step details. I finally got it. I don't usually work in the desktop version so I wasn't really focusing on trying it there. I was trying to copy the document from the note and then click on the other note in the view and the paste option never came up. I didn't realize I needed to open the note I wanted to copy it to. Gosh, I have been trying to figure this out for a while, now I have quite a bit of work to do putting things where they belong! Thanks! 

Archived