Printing and presentation mode annoyances

Recently I've experienced some annoying issues with printing on the mac and presentation mode on both mac and iPad.

The common thread on both platforms is that long lines of text are mishandled. When printing on the mac, long lines are not wrapped. Instead they are simply truncated. So a three line sentence is turns into a single line when printed, with the content truncated mid-word.

On the mac, printing seems to have acquired an additional annoyance as well: font size appears to be ignored when printing. When I purposefully choose a large font, this is ignored when printing and I get arbitrarily sized small text when printing.

Presentation mode on the mac behaves differently but not correctly when handling long text. Instead of simply truncating long lines, it does wrap the text but instead of word-wrapping, it indiscriminately wraps it mid-word.

Presentation mode on the iPad is similar to the mac: long lines are not wrapped. Instead they are simply truncated.

Part of this may the result of cutting text from other sources and pasting it into Evernote. On the other hand, shouldn't all this just work? Word-wrapping lines of text is really fundamental.

• 3 weeks later...

I too am using a MAC and am experiencing the same problem when printing content from Evernote.  I'm copying and pasting content from web sites, and I'm wondering if there are some characters getting pasted causing the non-wrap format when sending to the printing?  Any one have ideas on how to troubleshoot this problem?

• 3 weeks later...

I had this problem too, but it seems to have been resolved by the latest release of Evernote.  I am currently using Version 6.0.15 (451807 App Store).

UPDATE ON JULY 14 2015

This problem is NOT resolved.  I was mistaken.  I though it was fixed but it is not.  It seems to occur when I paste text into a note from another source.  Notes created by typing into a blank note seem to print okay.

I updated to Version 6.0.15 (451807 App Store) and my paragraphs print on one line and cut off as well as the text is very small. This update did not help. Hmmm. 

Anyone know what I can do? It used to work fine. I dont know what happened. 

I am having the same problems as the user posted above stating 

"The common thread on both platforms is that long lines of text are mishandled. When printing on the mac, long lines are not wrapped. Instead they are simply truncated. So a three line sentence is turns into a single line when printed, with the content truncated mid-word.

On the mac, printing seems to have acquired an additional annoyance as well: font size appears to be ignored when printing. When I purposefully choose a large font, this is ignored when printing and I get arbitrarily sized small text when printing."

For what it's worth... same issue here.  I used to print to PDF directly - with all my font sizes in place, etc.  Now everything gets tiny and squished and really bad. I have to copy/paste into Word or something else and from there do my printing to PDF.  I am going to have to stop using Evernote for anything that I intend to convert to PDF for reading in another context. bummer. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think I may have found a workaround.  If I copy the text from the note, paste it unformatted into a Word document, and then paste that back into a new note (just a plain paste, not a paste and match formatting), it seems to print okay.  Of course you lose your formatting.

Rob: We are paying for a yearly subscription. We expect things to work when you pay money for things. Printing should be done with simplicity as with any other program we use. We should not have to do workarounds. But you are very sweet for sharing your post. I want Evernote to simply fix this for us. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue with Presentation mode on my ipad.  When I cut and paste source material into Evernote it doesn't wrap properly in presentation mode.  What I don't understand is that I always use shift command v to paste to eliminate the formating from my source. 

If I go in and delete spaces and put them back in, it will usually wrap correctly but in an whole paragraph that is a lot of spaces to eliminate it's not practical.

Really disappointed I use presentation mode for church and work all the time.

• 1 month later...

Archived