Copy annotation from one image to another...?

Hi there. fairly new user here. I am creating a map in Photoshop, and plan on using annotation to label it.

I was wondering, is there a way to copy>paste annotation only to a new image with the same exact dimensions as the old image? Or is there a way to simply update the image itself with a newer version?

Basically I save a new version of my image with updates, and currently it looks like I will have to re-label everything by hand - that's not entirely conducive to a project that evolves over time. I don't want to have to wait until my image is entirely and 110% finished before I even begin to start labeling it with annotations.

Any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions?

• Level 5*

Hi.  This is a Photoshop question surely?  If you have access to Photoshop, open the image in Photoshop to set your annotations in a new layer/ layers.  Save changes back to the note.  If you have a change for the underlying image,  switch off the original layer and add a new one...

I'm fairly confident that it's not really a Photoshop issue.. I am doing all my annotations inside of Evernote. There is zero annotation happening inside Photoshop. 

My workflow is as follows:

1. create image, save a jpg

2. add image to my evernote note.

3. add annotations inside evernote.

4. make adjustments to the image in photoshop, save out updated jpg.

5. cry because I cannot transfer the annotations from one image to another, or overwrite the old jpg with a new one while keeping the original annotations inside of evernote.

It sounds like your solution suggests doing annotations inside of photoshop rather than inside of evernote? I rather liked evernotes tools for it, though.

• Level 5*

It's more a question of what's the best tool for the job.  Skitch won't allow you to replace a base-image "under" a slew of later annotations.  Photoshop should allow you to do so because it deals in multiple layers and can replace one or more layers when necessary.  You can open and edit the file on any computer running Photoshop from the Evernote note to which the photoshop file is attached.

Archived