Presenting .Gif files

This is my first forum post so I hope I've done this right, I also didn't know the best place to post this question so hopefully someone can help!

I've created whats called a cinema graph which is only presentable (to the best of my knowledge) as a .Gif file. I know these can be viewed on the web but I was wondering if there is an offline way to view them? I noticed the .Gif animates in evernote so for that  I was thinking about creating a presentation but I need that presentation on a different computer. 

So my questions if you wondering, whats the best way to present a .Gif and can you put evernote presentation on a USB and view them on a PC? 

• Level 5*

Hi.  As far as I can see,  a "cinema graph" is an animated gif which needs to be embedded into a web page to work.  When I take a working version and clip it or attach it to a note,  the animation stops.  Going into Presentation Mode doesn't change that.  Even if it did,  you can't 'export' a presentation.  I'm not sure whether animated gifs work in Powerpoint or PDF files but you'd need to do some research into that.  If you can find a way to embed a gif into a document or web page,  then yes it will be portable on a USB stick.  You could save the web page containing the gif as an HTML file and open it in any browser.  That's not an Evernote question though - you may get more help from a forum or a website dealing with these files.

• 9 months later...

Evernote Feature team should consider the ability to natively display gif files in a note. Slack can do it, Gmail does it, and with the inclusion of Gif capability in Twitter, these files will only sprout more frequently. 

I use Evernote (among other things) as a repository for release notes and how-to's for our internal products. Often these include gif's illustrating techniques that are lost when I paste these into a note.

• 9 months later...
  • Level 5*
7 minutes ago, Sethicus said:

Trello can also natively support gif files, and it's very useful. As a developer, "a gif is worth a thousand screenshots". Native support of Gifs is a must-have.

Evernote does support gifs as images.  This discussion is about animated gifs which don't seem to play well within notes.

Archived